Walpole Media Corporation is a nonprofit public access TV station located in Walpole,
Massachusetts. WMC operates 3 channels (Government Access, Education Access,
and Public Access), which are watched throughout Walpole on Comcast and Verizon.
WMC is currently looking for a full time Production Coordinator, to assist with studio
productions, news coverage, municipal meeting coverage, high school sporting events,
video editing and more. Candidate must be available to work afternoons and nights,
sometimes as late as 11:00 pm.
Appointment of the final candidate will be contingent upon the results of pre-placement
conditions including criminal and motor vehicle record checks.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, works on programming and production
efforts related to the Public-Education-Government (PEG) Cable Access Station for the
Town of Walpole known as Walpole Media Corporation.
Regularly called upon to provide information to the general public by working with
members of the community, schools, and local government to produce content for cable
television or website related-viewing. Creates programs, which work to educate and
inform the citizenry regarding Town Government and community happenings;
coordination with various community stakeholders is a key element in this role. Tapes,
edits, problem solves, provides technical support, educates patrons regarding
equipment use, and creates content.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Performs duties requiring significant knowledge of television and PEG-related
programming and regulations; tapes, edits, and airs media-related television programs
for general public viewing in accordance with FCC and Cable Company Franchise
• Assists the Executive Director with routine operations within the studio including
administrative, programming and scheduling efforts as asked or assigned.
• Create high-quality video content for news. Shoot, edit and upload multiple news
video stories each week, often working independently.
• Acts as technician for live and/or recorded productions including school/educational
and governmental meetings.
• Produces Outreach Programs (PSAs, Holiday Greetings, and Community Notices);
creates, produces and edits community and staff generated programming as
• Film High School sporting events in the afternoons and evening. Upload and edit
games and import them to an online video system for viewing.
• Maintains and manages inventory, loaned and/or community use equipment database
and performs inspections upon check-out and return.
• Trains and assists community volunteers in all aspects of studio use, field production
and editing to highest production standards. Assists in developing training programing
including orientations and production workshops for students, volunteers, staff and
members of the general public.
• Assists in monitoring station transmission and digital connectivity, content
management, and online media station.
• Performs other related duties as required, directed or as the situation dictates.
• No direct supervisory responsibility. May provide guidance and/or functional oversight
to students, community members and citizen groups.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree Preferred but will accept a High School Diploma, plus at least one
year of additional education or training in video production or a related field, or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to work nights and weekends to cover meetings, events and other areas of
interest for the general public.
• Valid driver’s license with a safe driving record and ability to provide vehicle for
personal transportation during work hours.
• Working knowledge of community television, video production and network strategies.
• Knowledge of and ability to work with Mac Computers and Adobe Creative Suite and
PC technology, cable media and other related technological equipment; ability to
create and edit videos and podcasts suitable to mass distribution.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in
writing; ability to effectively deal with all members of the public in a courteous and
tactful manner; ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with
• Ability to work with a high level of detail and when necessary, to delegate and
prioritize tasks to maintain efficiency and effectiveness.
• Capability in dealing effectively with numerous interruptions and proficiency in
identifying and analyzing complex issues to develop appropriate recommendations
and work assignments.
• Works with outside organizations and agencies evaluate projects and has specific
public knowledge related to content and potential programming.
Applications must be received by Friday, October 15, 2021.
No phone calls, please. Email applications to email@example.com