Nantucket Community Television (NCTV) is now hiring a government services manager to join its team!!
This position is located in Massachusetts on Nantucket Island.
Located on the quaint picturesque New England town of Nantucket, our organization serves the local community as the island’s only TV station for public, education, and government coverage. We seek to inspire the Nantucket community to explore ideas, share information, and highlight the island’s people, stories, and culture through local television and online programming. We also serve as the island’s go-to resource for media classes and workshops for adult and youth students. As a nonprofit, we have earned GuideStar Gold status for transparency. We also received a Telly Emmy award and received multiple Massachusetts Creator Awards over the years, which recognizes outstanding work in television and media within the State.
Our website: https://nantucketcommunitytelevision.org/
This is a full-time year-round position that would start on an agreed upon start date by NCTV18 and the candidate. We are looking to have someone start as soon as possible.
We anticipate compensation for this position being $52,000 annually.
Year-round staff enjoy many benefits. Some benefits available may include:
- Competitive wages
- Paid time off
- Medical insurance
- Professional develop opportunities
- Free classes at NCTV
- 401k with employer match
The Government Services Manager supports the organization in its mission of “Spotlighting Nantucket by connecting stories to audiences, government to citizens, and students to expertise.” As Nantucket’s Media Arts Center, we provide integral support to local nonprofits, businesses, Town, and the creative community. Our original programs celebrate the unique art, history, and culture of the island. This role accomplishes this by assisting with all aspects of the filming workflow, covering municipal meetings, and troubleshooting technical concerns. This role involves:
This role involves:
- Directly supervising part-time government contractors performing services for the organization, such as live switching coverage for the Select Board and School Committee.
- Serving as a contract advisor between the organization, the Town, vendors, and/or others with whom the organization engages in business as needed by gathering feedback from all parties and partnering with legal counsel and the Executive Director in drafting documentation that would satisfy all parties involved and communicating how the changes will be implemented.
- Overseeing all aspects of government coverage. He/she monitors the equipment, manages the government coverage videographers, ensures successful audio and video recording of specific meetings, distributes these recordings, and communicates with Town staff to stay abreast of their needs. Examples include: managing the Town’s YouTube channel, operating a video camera switchboard to live broadcast the Select Board, using the Town’s Zoom account to stream virtual meetings, and combining in-person and virtual meeting protocols for hybrid meetings.
- Providing administrative support to the Town’s Operations Administrator by helping schedule government meetings and by working out meeting logistics. Examples include creating YouTube links for each meeting, organizing meeting requests into an orderly schedule, and communicating with meeting heads to resolve any challenges.
- Providing full technical support for both NCTV government contractors and also for all departments of the Town of Nantucket regarding streaming and broadcasting. Examples include troubleshooting the video camera switchboards, testing microphones, providing “on-call” technical support for live meeting coverage, and advising the Town on equipment repairs/purchases.
- Listening to the Town’s goals for the creation of custom Public Service Announcements (PSAs). He/she then plans, films, and edits these PSAs to the Town’s specifications and incorporates any notes from the Town into the final drafts. These PSAs will air on Channel 18 and on social media to inform the public. Examples include independently operating camera and audio equipment to record statements of Town officials and then editing that footage in Adobe Premiere.
All of our employees are passionate about what they do and in serving the community. They enjoy being a team player and are detail-oriented. They are happy to work a flexible schedule as needed and are quick to adapt to change. In addition, the videographer:
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and can effectively work on multiple projects
- Has a bachelor’s degree in communications, broadcasting, or related field OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience (preferred)
- Ideally has Certification in Adobe Suite preferred
- General knowledge of networking, in-house networking, asset management, and troubleshooting technical concerns. Camera, audio, and live broadcasting experience preferred, but not necessary
- Willingness to obtain additional education if called upon to do so by the organization
- Has a valid driver’s license and ability to maintain it
- Demonstrates technological savvy to quickly learn how to use equipment and troubleshoot technical issues as well as proficiency in digital high-definition camera recording, encoding, and workflow
- Demonstrates story-telling abilities as well as the ability to generate ideas
- Can meet deadlines despite multiple projects going on simultaneously
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and ability to work well with others
- Is proficient with Mac computers, Google Office, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Premiere
- Is familiar with OBS, Zoom, Wirecast software, After Effects, and Photoshop
- Is detail oriented and has ability to organize the workflow of a project to organizational standard
- Demonstrates understanding of cameras, lighting setup, sound, etc. and how they apply to both the field and the studio
- Ability to turn around edits quickly while working with little supervision
- Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time as well as meet commitments and responsibilities. This includes working a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
Nantucket Community Television is an equal employment opportunity employer. We value the diversity of our employees and our applicants. As such, we maintain equal employment opportunities for all in all aspects related to employment with our organization.