Nantucket Community Television (NCTV) is now hiring a videographer/editor to join its team!!
This position is located in Massachusetts on Nantucket Island. Shared housing is available if needed.
Located on the quaint picturesque New England town of Nantucket, our organization serves the local community as the island’s only TV station for public, education, and government coverage. We seek to inspire the Nantucket community to explore ideas, share information, and highlight the island’s people, stories, and culture through local television and online programming. We also serve as the island’s go-to resource for media classes and workshops for adult and youth students. As a nonprofit, we have earned GuideStar Gold status for transparency. We also received a Telly Emmy award and received multiple Massachusetts Creator Awards over the years, which recognizes outstanding work in television and media within the State.
Our website: https://nantucketcommunitytelevision.org/
The organization has sourced housing that would be available to the candidate in this position if wanted.
This is a full-time year-round position that would start on an agreed upon start date by NCTV18 and the candidate. We are looking to have someone start as soon as possible.
We anticipate compensation for this position to range from $52,000 to $62,000 annually based on experience.
Year-round staff enjoy many benefits. Some benefits available may include:
- Competitive wages
- Paid time off
- Medical insurance
- Professional develop opportunities
- Free classes at NCTV
- 401k with employer match
Our videographer plays a key role in our mission in “inspiring the Nantucket community to explore ideas, share information, and highlight the island’s people, stories, and culture through local television and online programming.” They do this by generating ideas for original programming, communicating with clients, filming events, editing films, and creating unique animations. They also help promote the organization as a valuable and progressive resource in the community. This role involves:
- Producing television programs to include pre-production, live and taped productions, and post-production.
- Coordinates talent, producers, volunteers and staff and ensures all operational administrative tasks get completed as it relates to the project.
- Composing original scripts, directing, and filming.
- Creating proper lighting effects and ensuring appropriate audio equipment is on shoot.
- Post-production (asset organization and management, editing, visual effects, graphics, green screen, audio, mixing, voice over, lighting management, set design, editing film, and audio clips).
- Visual effects (sketches/drawings, explaining concepts, providing visual support for concepts, creating unique storyboards).
- Troubleshooting and resolving technology related concerns.
- Maintains equipment and software.
- Remaining up to date with new editing technologies and the industry’s best practices.
- Generating ideas for original programming individually and with teammates.
- Assisting in other areas of the organization as needed.
All of our employees are passionate about what they do and in serving the community. They enjoy being a team player and are detail-oriented. They are happy to work a flexible schedule as needed and are quick to adapt to change. In addition, the videographer:
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and can effectively work on multiple projects.
- Can independently take a project from client intake to final edit.
- Has a bachelor’s degree in communications, broadcasting, or related field AND three (3) years of television broadcasting operations experience OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Willingness to obtain additional education if called upon to do so by the organization.
- Has a valid driver’s license and ability to maintain it.
- 5+ years’ experience of video editing.
- Is proficient with Mac computers, Google Office, and Adobe Premiere.
- Is familiar with OBS, Zoom, Wirecast software, After Effects, and Photoshop.
- Is experienced with basic Color Correction and doing live broadcasts.
- Can carry and lift up to 50 pounds as needed.
Nantucket Community Television is an equal employment opportunity employer. We value the diversity of our employees and our applicants. As such, we maintain equal employment opportunities for all in all aspects related to employment with our organization.