Granby Community Access & Media, Inc. (GCAM) is seeking a highly motivated, creative, and visioned individual who will lead GCAM into continued growth and success. This includes managing all facets of a non-profit communications corporation and is an effective leader and team player with great interpersonal skills that can outreach and interact with all members of the community. The Executive Director reports directly to the GCAM Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or three years experience in responsible community access television positions
- Management experience with educational, government, and/or public access operation
- High degree of technical knowledge of community access broadcast operations and transmission
- Proficiency in-studio video program production, studio lighting, editing, and streaming technologies
- Multi-camera remote production management both live and live-to-tape experience
- Experience with ongoing development and maintaining a website and social media which include video blogging, podcasting, and other rich media applications as they evolve.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and orchestrate the video production activities of diverse groups of individuals, agencies, organizations, and businesses
- Teach video production skills to high school students and members of the community
- Ability to effectively manage the organization's material, fiscal, and personnel records
- Development and adherence to approved operating and capital budgets
- Operating office software knowledge including Google Workplace
- Demonstrated solid working relationships with local government, vendors, and members of the community
- Good Presentation skills with good oral/written communications
- Create, maintain, educate, set goals for, and effectively manage a staff of employees
- Develop internship and educational programs for the local school district
- Work with the community to cover events, create, produce, and promote new programming
- Initiate and grow membership efforts that generate sources of revenue and create a greater awareness of GCAM in the community
- Maintain GCAM’s timely presence on its website as well as social media which include Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Maintain relationships with local cable television providers ensuring proper distribution and operation of all access channels.
- Knowledge of media, new technology, and industry trends keeping GCAM on the technological front
- Maintain relationships with landlord, vendors, and contractors ensuring compliance with leases and agreements and ensuring GCAM obtains the best services at the best rates
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures. Implement quality control processes and record-keeping to monitor and document equipment functionality and broadcast signal quality.
- Create and adhere to annual capital and operating budgets
- Create and implement strategies to fundraise and bring in alternative funding to GCAM
- Develop, manage, and report monthly to the Board of Directors on budgets and overall operations
- Maintain official records, documents, and personnel records
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations
- Serve as the primary staff liaison to the Board of Directors and support Board meetings
- Primary spokesperson, representative, and advocate for the organization staying well informed of media news, new technology, and industry trends
- Develop a Strategic Vision and Direction along with the Board of Directors
Please send all resumes and cover letters to email@example.com.