Director of Community Media
Easton Community Access Television (ECAT) is a private, non-profit corporation created in 2009 to build and oversee the operation of the Public, Educational and Government access cable television channels in the Town of Easton, MA.
ECAT is seeking a highly motivated, creative, community oriented and technically skilled individual with great interpersonal skills who can outreach and interact with all members of the community. ECAT’s mission is to develop and produce educational, cultural and information community programming for the Town of Easton, MA and to provide an electronic forum for the free exchange of information and ideas which reflect the talents, interests concerns and diversity of Easton residents.
Director of Community Media will play a key role in community engagement, social media management, identifying and cultivating new members, organizing and managing events, producing staff originated programming, scheduling and coordinating of event coverage, and providing teaching and training to volunteers and students.
● Proficiency in production, studio lighting, editing and streaming technologies
● Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and orchestrate the video production activities of diverse groups of individuals, agencies, organizations, and businesses
● Ability to teach video production skills to middle school, high school and/or college students and members of the community
● Demonstrated solid working relationships with local organizations and members of the community
● Adaptability to learn new software technology quickly
● Written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
● Organizational skills.
● High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
● Able to work independently on a broad variety of projects and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
● Initiate, maintain and grow community engagement efforts that create a greater awareness of ECAT
● Maintain ECAT’s timely presence on its website and social media which include Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram
● Scheduling and coordinating coverage of events
● Monitor channels and maintain proper operation and signal flow
● Ongoing recruitment, training and education of volunteers.
● Teach educational workshops to students, and individuals in both groups and one on one settings.
● Actively work with the community to cover events, create, produce and promote new programming
● Film and edit live and recorded event coverage as needed
● Assist volunteer producers in creating studio and field content
● Coordinate ECAT events including high school film festival
Compensation and Benefits
● Full-time, exempt position located in Easton, MA
● Annual salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
● Paid time-off for vacation, sick, and personal days
● Health and Dental Insurance
● Retirement plan with a company match
ECAT is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promoting, or any other employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, military service or application for military service, veteran or disability status.
Interested candidate should email resume, samples, and two letters of recommendation in pdf form to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Monday, July 18, 2022