WINCHESTER COMMUNITY ACCESS & MEDIA, INC
PUBLIC ACCESS COORDINATOR
November 26, 2019
Winchester Community Access & Media Corp. (WinCAM) seeks a reliable and motivated individual to produce content and schedule the public access television channel. Reporting directly to the Executive Director and/or the Operations Manager, this is a part-time position with a minimum of 15 hours per week and a maximum of 20 hours per week.
• Record, edit and master programs in studio and in the field of general interest to varying audiences in the community.
• When necessary, arrange for reliable member coverage of community events for air.
• Gather, sort, research and schedule a vast array of both resident and import programming to develop and promote program schedules for WinCAM’s public access television channel.
• Promote programming schedules in local media outlets and on social media accounts.
• Maintain and update programs on WinCAM’s on-demand system.
• Maintain and purge, when necessary, files on WinCAM broadcast server, on-demand system and associated platforms.
• Manage the archive of public access programs.
• Prepare monthly reports for submission to the Executive Director.
• Help maintain and regularly update WinCAM’s website and social media accounts.
• Contribute written content for use in newsletters, releases and social media.
• Participate in community outreach to help build membership and bolster the good reputation of WinCAM within the community.
• Assist other staff in the reservation, check-in and check-out of field equipment and in-house production areas.
• Support WinCAM members and producers by providing technical expertise and advice.
• College degree in Communications, Television Production or a related field preferred.
• Experience in Community Media a plus.
• Must have prior experience in studio television production, field production and editing.
• Must be an excellent communicator, time-manager and organizer with the ability to both take instruction and work independently.
• Desired experience with all, but not limited to the following: Final Cut Pro X, Telvue Connect, Telvue Hypercaster, WordPress, NewTek Tricaster, JVC and Canon field cameras and remote-controlled camera setups.
• Must have the desire and fortitude to work in a highly-communicative, highly-social organization and the ability to work with others. Team players only.
• Must be available to work some evenings and some weekends – one or two Saturdays per month, minimum.
• Must be able to pass CORI/SORI checks.
• Must be a licensed driver in Massachusetts.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds or stand for long periods of time while operating equipment.
• Interested parties shall submit resume and cover letter to David Gauthier, Executive Director. No phone calls, please. Email acceptable at firstname.lastname@example.org .
• Wage commensurate with prior experience.
Executive Director, WinCAM
32 Swanton Street
Winchester, MA 01890
Winchester Community Access & Media Corp. does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status or disability.