ABOUT THE POSITION
The Membership & Marketing Assistant is a 20-29 hour paid weekly position. The position directly assists the Membership & Marketing Manager with occasional support to the General Manager and Finance Director. Due to the nature of the position, work hours will vary, but the general schedule will occur between 11:30 AM and 6:00 PM, Monday through Friday, with an occasional Saturday.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Experienced in social media content creation with various creative platforms: Adobe Suite, and Canva; working knowledge of WordPress; familiarity with data analytics and trending; Video content creator proficient in FCPX and Premiere; works with staff to improve and maximize utilization of BNN’s facilities, training, programming, and public services Experience with a membership database is a plus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform data entry related to marketing and membership department databases.
- Aid with the design of all promotional materials
- Create graphics, write copy, and post to social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Assist with the external and internal distribution of all BNN printed materials.
- Researching media contacts and maintaining a media outreach database.
- Assist with planning and execution of events
- Assist members with all inquires
- Maintenance of brochure and marketing materials
- Assist with the occasional promotional video editing
- Assist with marketing and membership mailings, filing, and general administration
Any assigned interns
- An Associate Degree or Bachelor of Science or related experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Graphic Design and Content Creation skills
- General office administration
- Required a current and valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
Boston Neighborhood Network Media (BNN Media) is a community media center that offers Boston Residents public access to cable television channels, video production equipment, a low-powered FM radio station and training, production support, and a media center. We provide a platform for the community to express themselves and encourage broad-based public dialogue.
RESUME & COVER LETTER SUBMISSION:
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Janice Holman. No phone calls, please. Email: email@example.com