Beverly Community Access Media (BevCam) seeks a new full-time Director of Sports and Education Services to manage, develop, and direct our local sports coverage and education services. BevCam is a community media center serving the city of Beverly, Massachusetts.
The ideal candidate should have a background in sports video production and education media services. Candidates should be comfortable working collaboratively as part of a team, working independently, and leading production crews. Organizational skills are also necessary.
The position answers to the Executive Director. The search will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please include salary requirements in your cover letter.
- Coordinate, manage, develop, and direct BevCam local sports coverage
- Partner with Beverly schools in developing and implementing content creation opportunities for students
- Maintain relationships with key school administrators and teachers in developing communication opportunities directed at general public awareness for the schools
- Develop and implement in coordination with BevCam leadership, learning opportunities for the youth in Beverly, including, but not limited to, clubs, camps, and event coverage.
- Coordinate and direct coverage of school special events, i.e., concerts, performing arts, and special events.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with youth programs in the Beverly area
- Work with BevCam staff to develop training programs
- Work with and teach student production classes…camera, audio, directing, lighting, set makeup, etc.
- Work with local colleges, universities, government agencies, and other organizations to develop internships and volunteer placements
- Maintain drops and live streaming capacities at sporting locations
- Be able to operate production facilities at local government and school locations
- Direct and crew meetings and special events
- Have a broad understanding of the BevCam’s broadcast server system and online distribution platforms
- Encode and prepare content for distribution
- Edit and provide editing support for access users and clients
- Assist in maintaining server
- Understand and assist in bulletin board operation; create bulletin board messages
- Answer phones and assist in scheduling facilities as needed
- General office duties include maintaining membership and other databases, receiving and shipping packages
- Complete all necessary and required forms as required and directed
- Assist staff and leadership in making recommendations for equipment and office purchases
- Assist in promotional and outreach efforts, following established protocols, including BevCam social media platforms
- Provide production assistance and technical guidance to community producers and students
- Be able to function in any needed crew position
- Have a strong working knowledge of TV studio and sports production
- Working knowledge of editing techniques and NLE software
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to organize digital content
- Must work well with others; work within a team environment
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times
- Provide a warm and welcoming environment to ALL who come into the studio
Benefits include a company health and dental plan, paid time off, and a matching Simple IRA.
Job Type: Full-time, non-exempt
Salary: $55,000-$65,000 commensurate with experience.
BevCam does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. BevCam encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.