Access Framingham is seeking a dynamic and creative Video Editor / Producer to deliver timely, impactful high quality hyperlocal content for Access Framingham. This role is central to creating, editing and producing civic information content across multiple platforms. The position works closely with other staff to bring ideas to fruition and generate audio and video programming for distribution
● Provide video production direction, including pre-production, field production, studio and post-production
● Work on daily and long-term video assignments, sometimes as part of a team and often as a solo videographer/producer
● Work closely with the news team to edit a weekly news program and highlights package as well as relevant micro content for social media
● Edit video in a timely manner; at times may require quick turnaround; high volume of editing in this role.
● Serve as director for studio recording on weekly news program
● Produce podcasts
● Provide audio, b-roll, and other content to third party media organizations.
● Support Production Manager to develop and maintain video production workflows, archiving and
● Partner with Production Manager on and maintenance of cameras, lighting, audio gear, editing
workstation and other video production equipment.
● Handle project plans, reports on deliverables, and meets with senior leaders.
● Develop compelling scripts and storyboards for a wide range of multimedia content including, but not
limited to video projects, news, documentary, promotional, and educational productions.
● Designs motion graphics for local origination programming
● Incorporate photos, animation and graphic art into video to enhance the story.
● Condense 30 minutes of video footage and into a 3 minute story.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
● 3+ years of combined experience in television, studio,video and post production
● High school diploma or equivalent required, associate or bachelor’s degree preferred in media
● Expert-level proficiency with Adobe Premiere, Final Cut or similar video editing software, as
demonstrated in a portfolio or professional works samples.
● Professional experience shooting, editing, and producing news, documentary-style, educational, and other scripted video and audio projects as required.
● Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, and other Motion Graphic applications
● Demonstrated understanding of video formats and compression
● Some experience developing storyboards and writing scripts
● Ability to interact and communicate effectively with senior leaders; ability to pitch a project idea and/or
discuss a project scope with senior leaders.
● Requires a valid Massachusetts driver's license and use of your own vehicle
● Work is primarily performed in a typical interior/office work environment
● Work involves looking at computer monitors for majority of the position
● Work will require off site video productions including set up and break down
● Must be able to lift and move 40 lbs when needed
Please email a cover letter, resume and a demo reel or work samples with the subject line: Video Editor / Producer to email@example.com. Deadline to apply is May 31. Applications without a reel or sample will not be considered. No phone calls please.
Access Framingham invites candidates of under represented and marginalized communities to apply for this position. AFTV is committed to offering equal opportunities to all potential employees and has zero tolerance for discrimination. We welcome applicants irrespective of age, sex, race, ethnicity, disability and other factors that have no bearing on an individual’s ability to perform their job.