TV PRODUCTION ASSISTANT
Reports to: Chief Engineer
PT / FT: F/T (Flexible schedule including Holidays, Evenings & Weekends)
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Experienced in live broadcasts/streams, remote live and recorded ENG productions, studio productions, and virtual productions via remote platforms such as Zoom and WebEx, Live-U remote transmission experience and non-linear editing systems: Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere.
- Assists in video production, including field and studio videography, pre-production and post-production planning and editing; moves, sets up, and dismantles equipment, cables, and lights; loads video tapes and digital media into cameras; etc
- Supports public meeting presentations
- Maintains video inventory, equipment and database
- Enters and collects data
- Assists in writing, editing, and maintaining the Department’s digital content, including, but not limited to: television and video production notices for electronic bulletin boards, programming, and website
- Applicants must possess at least two (2) years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in office work, preferably in work that includes customer relations or production work
- Proficiency in the Google Office suite, Adobe Creative Cloud strongly preferred. Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Knowledge of digital video production systems and software for video transfer and web development preferred
- Ability to carry and handle approx. 50 lbs. of video equipment during field production
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on details as required by the job
- A valid driver’s license is preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT (Describes the characteristics that represent the work environment the employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
- General office environment in which work is usually performed in a sitting position
- May require stooping, kneeling, reaching, lifting and carrying during the course of the work shift
- May be required to solely and safely lift and move materials of up to 50 lbs and work at heights of up to 20 feet
- May be required to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Required to maintain a current and valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as established by BNN’s insurance provider.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Other duties may be assigned.
Boston Neighborhood Network Media reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
RESUME & COVER LETTER SUBMISSION:
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Dennis Dutra, Chief Engineer . No phone calls, please.
Mail: Dennis Dutra
Chief Engineer, BNN Media
3025 Washington Street, Roxbury, MA 02119