|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
|Location:||484 Broadway, Everett, MA|
|Salary:||Based on Experience and Education|
About the City of Everett
A desirable place to live, work, and visit, the City of Everett, prides itself on its progress while remaining dedicated to future possibilities. Home to over 50,000 residents, Everett is known for its rich culture, diverse population, and welcoming atmosphere. A once industrial City, Everett is now recognized as a melting pot for residents and newcomers alike.
Working under the general direction of the Mayor and the Director of Communications, the ECTV Technical Producer is responsible for managing content and programming on the Everett Community Television station, uploading videos to the City of Everett website, monitor live-streamed programming.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, manage and direct the programming and operation of a cable television station.
- Manage the promotion and production of programming such as City Council meetings, government meetings and forums, Community Bulletin Board, news, public service announcements, training and special events.
- Develop and implement programming, technical and cable broadcast quality standards.
- Maintain public and community relations with community partners and promote their content on ECTV.
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule and direct a variety of programs, broadcasts and special events.
- Ability to analyze complex technical and administrative problems which relate to cable programming, evaluate alternative solutions and recommend or adopt effective courses of action.
- Take video and photographs of events held by the Communications team for ECTV, website, and social media.
- General knowledge of audio and video integration.
- Edit and produce video production for various projects using Adobe Premier or similar programming.
- Work closely with members of the Communications team as well as the IT Department.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, computer science, or a related field.
- At least 3 years of experience working in a public access television station, preferably in a municipal or government setting with experience working with managing website content, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Bi-lingual in either Spanish, Portuguese, or Haitian Creole preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, TelVue broadcast solutions software (or similar) and other various broadcast related software.
- Strong videography and photography skills.
- Tech savvy and ability to manage website content.
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications.
- Strong demonstration of ability to communicate in writing.
- Possession of strong time management and organizational skills; attention to detail; ability to multi-task, self-motivate, and regularly reassess priorities; and ability to work under pressure and mange stress.
- Experience with TelVue Hypercaster, NewTek TriCaster, and Adobe Production Suite is highly desired”.
- Possession of strong interpersonal skills with a high level of social perceptiveness; ability to engage and form relationships with all stakeholders in a wide variety of settings; ability to effectively deal with all members of the public in a courteous and tactful manner; ability to establish and maintain good working relationships.
- Ability to use discretion in order to maintain a high level of confidentiality while determining how and when dissemination of information is appropriate.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in multiple locations and remotely.
- A valid Massachusetts driver license and accessibility to a vehicle is required.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. You can apply on Indeed at https://www.indeed.com/job/ectv-technical-producer-c3914d1a0f734897 or send a cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Department by email: Human.Resources@ci.everett.ma.us
For a disability‐related reasonable accommodation or alternative application method, call Human Resources at 617-394-2280
The City of Everett is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.