REPORTS TO: Principal of Record
1. Remain up to date regarding curriculum content.
2. Plan instruction effectively.
3. Plan assessment of student learning effectively.
4. Monitor students’ understanding of the curriculum effectively and adjusts instruction, materials or assessments when appropriate.
5. Create an environment that is positive for student learning and involvement.
6. Maintain appropriate standards of behavior, mutual respect and safety.
7. Make learning goals clear to students.
8. Use appropriate instruction techniques.
9. Use appropriate questioning techniques
10. Evaluate, try innovative approaches and refines instructional strategies, including the effective use of technologies, to increase student learning and confidence in ability to learn.
11. Communicate learning goals and high standards and expectations to students.
12. Promote confidence and perseverance in the student that stimulate increased personal student responsibility for achieving the goals of the curriculum.
13. Strive to ensure equitable opportunities for student learning.
14. Demonstrate appreciation for and sensitivity to the diversity among individuals.
15. Be constructive and cooperative in interactions with parents and receptive to their contributions.
16. Share responsibility for accomplishing the goals and priorities of his/her grade/team/department, building and school district.
17. Be a reflective and continuous learner.
18. Comply with School Committee policies, contractual agreements, state and federal laws and regulations.
19. Work cooperatively with colleagues, administrators and other school personnel.
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
- Job Category : Special Education > General Special Education
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lowell Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- Certification valid for service as a teacher in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- SEI endorsement/ESL licensure preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience with appropriate age group.
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required
- Michael Fiato , Head of School
- 50 Fr. Morrissette Blvd
- Lowell, Massachusetts 01852
- Phone: (978) 937-8900
- Email: Click Here
For the full job description and to apply for this job, visit: https://www.schoolspring.com/job.cfm?jid=3594834