Job Announcement: Station Operations Manager
Cambridge Community Television nurtures a strong, equitable and diverse community by providing tools and training to foster free speech, civic engagement, and creative expression while connecting people to collaboratively produce media that is responsive, relevant, and effective in a fast-changing technological environment.
To apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to info@CCTVcambridge.org with the subject line “Station Operations Manager.” Feel free to link to supplemental materials/ videos but please do not attach large files.
Station Operations Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Efficiently oversee the operation of CCTV’s broadcast cable system and its network and manage maintenance for all professional media and computer equipment. Oversee facility and studio use, including day to day maintenance and equipment.
This is a full-time benefits eligible position. CCTV offers competitive benefits including generous PTO, retirement and health insurance benefits. The starting salary is $50,000-55,000 annually.
CCTV is currently open to the public 3 days a week. This position will start as a hybrid position with required in-studio time of at least 2 days a week.
The Station Operations Manager will partner and collaborate with CCTV producers, trainers and administrative staff to make sure CCTV equipment and facilities are operating at their highest level. This role requires technical knowledge as well as customer service skills, flexibility and a desire to teach and learn.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage facility-related and broadcast-related vendor and partner relationships
- Manage inventory of all broadcast related equipment, hardware and software
- Provide trainings to members and interns
- Manage engineering, technical operations and infrastructure for all live and pre-recorded cablecasting and streaming systems for both in-person and remote operations.
- Oversee technical directing of programs on channels/streams
- Support office, front desk and other administrative operations including data entry, inventory management, copiers, printers and point of sale systems.
- Plan for future upgrades with careful attention to maintaining the integrity and reliability of the audio and video signals for streaming and cablecasting
- Recommend new technology tools to create efficiencies, in collaboration with IT contractors.
- Create and update manuals for use of staff for solutions to common problems that might arise on a day-to-day basis as well as emergency/disaster scenario manuals
- Clear communication of schedule, priorities, progress and completed tasks
- Work with staff and community producers to create improved content and training programs
- Maintain facility, manage cleaning and maintenance contractors.
- Recommend facility and infrastructure improvements.
- Maintain office and studio furniture and fixtures
Minimum Qualifications, with working knowledge of:
- Preferred training and/or degree in Broadcast Engineering, operations or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience, with facilities and operational responsibilities of a PEG television station
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Mac operating and editing systems.
- Knowledge of the technical aspects of video production; production, cameras, lighting, sound engineering, final cut pro and/or premiere pro editing basic web design and maintenance, and uploading video to the web. Experience in network/device configuration and use for streaming video
- Education or training in photography, videography and editing
- Ability to research and troubleshoot technical equipment repair and replacement; manage facilities, and conduct inventory, generate reports and suggest efficiencies.
- Project Management Experience: set goals, objective, track progress and meet deadlines and budget requirements
- Facilities Management Experience
- Must be comfortable and available for night and weekend shifts, and react to emergency situations.
- Lift up to 50 lbs
All inquiries are confidential. CCTV is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, gender identity, disability, medical condition, age, genetic information, marital status, family status, political activities or affiliation, criminal background or incarceration history, military or veteran status.