Abington Community Access & Media Inc. is seeking an experienced, full-time Studio Producer. This individual will be involved in different PEG Access productions and will be asked to work closely with the members of the public, town officials and school department to facilitate coverage of various community events, municipal meetings and public school activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
NOTE: Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Assist/utilize community volunteers, students and/or interns in all aspects content program creation.
- Regular maintenance and service of all Field and Studio equipment.
- Instruct volunteers and students/interns in field/studio production and editing, as necessary.
- Able to set up studio/field productions with little to no supervision.
- Develop and maintain relationships with community members, local agencies, town organizations, youth groups, non-profits and government boards and committees (Selectmen, School Committee, ect.,.)
- Record and edit community events including but not limited to government meetings, school performances, athletic events (play-by-play experience a plus) graduations, award ceremonies, and parades.
- Assist and facilitate productions at ACAM by offering technical assistance to producers before, during and after production.
- Assist with maintaining social media platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, ect.,.
- Compile and submit monthly equipment and programming reports for Executive Director.
- Assist in all day-to-day operational functions at ACAM and perform all other duties that may be assigned.
- Work with the Executive Director to provide a comprehensive training program for students that accommodate variable learning capabilities, technical requirements and programming interests and stresses media literacy as a responsible complement to technical proficiency.
- Ability to work independently and/or as part of a cooperative team, the public or K-12 students.
- Must complete a CORI check.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & ABILITIES
- Associates Degree or any comparable training in communications or media arts.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in media production preferred.
- Experience with current or newer remote or video platforms such as Zoom, OBS, Teams, Restream, Hudl, ect.,.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with computers (Mac/PC), networks, video & audio systems.
- Proficient computer skills that include non-linear editing (Final Cut and Adobe Creative Suite), playback servers, graphics and related software programs plus Windows/Macintosh systems. Experience with Broadcast Pix switcher systems is a plus.
- Possess excellent communications skills; verbal and written.
- Organizational skills including the ability to implement and utilize computer-based scheduling materials effectively.
Applicants should submit ALL of the following by email or US mail prior to November 25, 2022:
- Cover letter - Describing skills and experience.
- A current resume
- Three professional references
- A professional demo reel or links to YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
** Applicants must provide all four items or will not be considered for the position
Submit your application today by email to email@example.com or by US Mail to:
201 Gliniewicz Way
Abington, MA 02351
The Staff Producer’s position is a salaried full time (40+ hour per week) position and reports directly to the Abington CAM Executive Director.