The town of Brimfield is seeking a community-oriented individual to lead a local access television operation that includes a studio, staff assistant and videographers. Public and Government Access channels plus liaison with our Educational Access channel are included in the scope of work.
The position will become available on November 10, 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Reporting to the Board of Selectmen, this individual will promote an informed and closer community through production and scheduling of cable programming by and for the residents of Brimfield. The Local Access Coordinator is the primary town employee responsible for government and local access channel operations as well as cooperating to provide local educational access programming when possible.
The coordinator will be responsible for:
- Working in concert with the Board of Selectmen to set and meet local access television goals, plans and budgets.
- Coordinating public, government and educational access productions.
- Scheduling and coordinating staff videographers and the work of an office assistant.
- Coordinate with a clerk/assistant to assure updating of televised announcements.
- Schedule programs.
- Update and revise the Public Access WordPress website at www.brimfield.tv
- Maintaining the studio and video facilities;
- Seeing to proper functioning, repair or upgrading of equipment as needed.
- Encouraging public participation in creating local video productions by training and assisting them to utilize town-owned equipment and facilities.
- Oversee lending of town equipment to the public for such productions;
- Working within and suggest revisions to public access TV policies;
- Assisting in any negotiations or matters of liaison with Cable TV providers, currently Charter/Spectrum.
- Planning future spending and equipment needs.
- Related tasks as specified by the Board of Selectmen.
Knowledge and experience with videography, video editing and interest in a public-civic environment are required. Overall communications skills and the ability to accommodate various town departments and the public’s need for televised communication are essential. The successful applicant should be or become comfortable working with Castus cablecasting and TriCaster studio systems. Knowledge of the Town of Brimfield is desirable. Hours are generally flexible; some evening availability is required.
The position is for up to 12 hours weekly at a salary of $21.65 per hour.
Please forward résumé with references and a letter of interest to the Board of Selectmen by November 10, 2021, either by email at email@example.com, or by postal mail to the Brimfield Board of Selectmen, 23 Main St., Brimfield, MA 01010. Brief video samples are welcome but not required at the initial stage of the search process.