Danvers Community Access Television
Danvers Community Access Television is a 3,000sf studio located in the heart of Danvers, Massachusetts. The facility includes an HD studio and 4 editing bays. Danvers has a population of approximately 26,000 people. This close knit community is passionate about local politics, sports, and charity work.
Public Access Coordinator
The Access Coordinator is a full-time position that will report to the Manager of Operations and Staff. The primary responsibility of the Access Coordinator is to coordinate with member producers, facilitate member productions, develop a training curriculum, recruit new members and conduct training classes in all aspects of video production.
We are looking for an energetic, personable individual with a sunny disposition. He/she must be a team player and be passionate about the mission of community media. Strong organizational skills are a must! We look for coachable individuals that are interested in learning and growing to their full potential.
Hours in the office will vary depending on the week-to-week schedule but will generally occur between the hours of 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday, Wednesday and Friday or 8:00 AM - 6:30 PM Tuesday and Thursday.
Training, Curriculum and Coordination
- Responsible for designing curriculum for the DCAT members regarding television production.
- Recruit new members and conduct training classes in all aspects of video production, and post-production.
- Assist Educational Coordinator on camps and after school programs when needed.
- Producing local origination shows to use as a teaching platform for members.
- Facilitate member LIVE and taped productions in the studio by assisting with technical aspects and offering feedback for improvement.
- Seek out new and innovative content opportunities by making connections with non-profits and businesses.
- Responsive and proactive of the needs of the members.
- Coordinate coverage and crew for productions.
- Manage and supervise studio usage for productions and conference usage.
- Equipment check-in/check-out with members. Offering equipment refreshers when necessary.
- Processing new members and teaching them policies and procedures
- First responder for new member inquiries.
- Maintain volunteer database.
- Assist with general upkeep, organization and cleanliness of editing room, control room, office area, green room, studio, and equipment rooms.
- Provide technical support and equipment troubleshooting to the DCAT members during their productions.
- Create standard operating procedures regarding equipment usage, maintenance of equipment, etc.
- Maintain NLE bays and camera equipment according to the SOPs currently in place.
- Edit DCAT produced programs, creating graphics, adjusting audio and exporting files in proper playback format.
- Monitor DCAT Public channel and communicate and coordinate how to resolve transmission issues with the Executive Director.
- Report any equipment failures and possible repairs to the Executive Director.
- Assist with studio or field productions as needed.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Follow-up with new members and recent class participants to ensure retention
- Support staff members as needed.
- Create and execute Membership appreciation nights throughout the year.
- Work with Executive Director to create a comprehensive outreach program to improve our visibility and to increase our membership of active participants.
- Cover programming and scheduling duties when other staff is unavailable
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or three years relevant experience preferred
- Candidate must demonstrate a commitment to community media and the town of Danvers
- Prior experience in PEG access and/or in an educational setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of new media technology
- Comfortable with PC operating systems and databases
- Social media experience
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Benefits package includes Health insurance, PTO and 10 paid Holidays.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and two contacts for references to: