Project Specialist - Videographer
Department: Town of Concord Salary Grade: MISC
Reports To: Public Information Officer FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Hourly
Appointed By: Town Manager Date: Feb 2020
The Town of Concord is seeking individuals with experience in video production to create, produce and edit programming for Concord’s PEG Access Station. Good communication and interpersonal skills required. Experience with live event camera operation, multimedia news production, and/or Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred. Various shifts available - up to 18 hours/week. Must be able to work nights or weekends. Driver’s license and use of own vehicle required. Videographers will have the opportunity to sign up for available assignments week to week. Pay range from $15.00 - $20.00 per hour based on prior experience.
Applications will continue to be accepted until filled. . The Town reserves the right to modify the application deadline, and/or to accept applications after the deadline, to best serve the interest of the community. After the deadline, the most highly qualified candidates will be invited to one or more interviews and/or other assessments. All applicants will be notified of their standing in the process as soon as a decision has been made regarding their individual application.
Appointment of the final candidate will be contingent upon the results of pre-placement conditions including a drug screen, and criminal record check. Costs of these pre-placement requirements will be borne by the Town.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
• Maintains strong relationship with all local media and provides news releases and stories of local interest.
• Works with other Town staff, community stakeholders and volunteers to create content.
• Assists community producers in all aspects of studio, field production and editing to high production standards.
• Acts as a technician for live and recorded field and studio productions.
• Videotapes government meetings, events and other projects as needed.
• Produces Outreach Programs (PSAs, Holiday Greetings, Community Notices).
• Aids in the maintenance and repair of equipment.
• Performs other related duties as required, directed or as the situation dictates.
• Availability to work on-site as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Experience with video production required.
• Valid motor vehicle operator’s license and use of own vehicle for transportation during working hours.
• Preferred qualifications: Previous experience operating a camera in a live event environment, experience with multimedia news production (including film production and graphic design), and/or Bachelor’s degree in broadcasting, communication, TV production, journalism, or related field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of how to operate a camera under various conditions.
• Organized, self-motivated, and can work well under pressure with fast turnaround times.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Ability to communicate tactfully with the public, co-workers, other employees, departments, officials and other agencies.
• Ability to work nights or weekends required.
• Ability to complete research in order to find news stories and upcoming events that are relevant to the area as well as topics of interest to the community is a positive.
• An understanding of Concord and Carlisle is a plus but not required.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Employee is regularly required to walk, stoop, sit, talk and hear; uses hands to finger, handles, feels or operates objects, tools or controls, and reaches with hands and arms as in picking up paper, books and other common office objects. Vision and hearing at or correctable to normal ranges.
Administrative work is performed in a normal office environment, not subject to extreme variations of temperature, noise, odors, etc. Video production and content creation may be conducted outdoors or in areas subject to variations in temperature, weather, and accessibility.
Ability to climb ladders, change light fixtures and/or mounted equipment; must be able to life and carry up to fifty (50) pounds. Ability to operate video production and electronic equipment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and is subject to change by the employer, as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.