Billerica Access Television, Inc. (BATV)
Billerica Access Television, Inc. (BATV) seeks a Programming Coordinator to join our team.
BATV is a PEG access television facility incorporated in 1987. BATV’s 6,000 square foot facility is located in the center of Billerica, Massachusetts. Approximately twenty miles northwest of Boston, Massachusetts, Billerica is accessible by Route 3, 128 and Interstates 93 and 495. The population of Billerica is approximately 40,000 of which over 12,500 households subscribe to cable service provided by Comcast and Verizon.
The Programming Coordinator will be responsible and accountable for encouraging and overseeing all community programming initiatives. The Programming Coordinator will manage all programming-related services including, but not limited to acquisition, distribution and archiving. Additionally, the Programming Coordinator will provide professional instruction and assistance for staff and members relative to program development.
The Programming Coordinator’s primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage all program content operations.
- Oversee / responsible for research, proposing, and well-being of all (equipment) resources related to content distribution.
- Develop and distribute program schedule(s).
- Manage media collections, libraries, databases, and related documentation.
- Manage program archiving systems.
- Manage duplication services.
- Encourage and help develop member productions.
- Act as “Producer” and “Crew” for member productions as needed.
- Work closely with the Production and Facilities Coordinator to assist with media productions as needed.
- Coordinate the production of BATV promotional material.
- Train and assist staff and community members in the use of BATV’s production resources.
- Reception to the public.
- Enforce BATV Policies & Regulations.
- Promote the Access Corporation and its resources.
- Encourage membership development and involvement.
- Provide general membership assistance as needed.
- Schedule facility and equipment use and checking out / in equipment.
- Contribute to BATV Social Media.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in communications, marketing, multimedia, or other related field is preferred.
- Knowledge of access television, new media, and emerging technology.
- Possess strong customer service skills and enjoy working with the community.
- Background in production and multimedia and ability to teach/share knowledge.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, web conferencing apps, Tightrope, and TelVue video servers preferred.
- Must be reliable and confident.
- Willing to work mornings, afternoons, evenings, and some Saturdays.
- Ability to lift thirty pounds.
- Possess valid driver’s license and have dependable transportation.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
Compensation / Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Vacation, sick, personal days, and paid holidays.
- Health and Dental insurance.
- Short and Long Term Disability, Accidental Death and Life insurance.
Retirement plan available.
How to Apply
Candidates must submit:
- Cover letter specifying how your experience meets the qualifications and primary duties of the position.
- List of three professional references with contact information.
Please submit all materials to
Programming Coordinator Search
Billerica Access Television, Inc.
430 Boston Road
Billerica, MA 01821
If applying by email, please combine cover letter, resume, references, into a single
Submissions are accepted until the position is filled.