AOTV is in search of an energetic, reliable and hardworking individual to join our team. The ideal candidate must be detail oriented and enjoy working with the public.
Incorporated in 1993, AOTV is a non-profit, non-commercial public, educational, and governmental (PEG) access television facility for the towns of Athol and Orange, Massachusetts. AOTV’s day-to-day operations are managed by the Executive Director, one full-time Production Manager and three part-time Assistants, while a nine-member Board of Directors govern the Corporation. In 2015, AOTV added a low-power radio station, WVAO-LP 105.9 FM.
AOTV’s modern facility is located in Athol, Massachusetts. Athol and Orange are part of the beautiful nine town region called North Quabbin. The population of the towns is approximately 18,000 of which over 4,500 households subscribe to cable service provided by Charter/Spectrum.
Summary of Duties
- Schedule and maintain radio programming with live shows, podcasts, downloads and audio from TV shows
- Oversee Community Calendar announcements are recorded and aired
- Ensure efficient check-out/check-in process
- Ensure WVAO compliance with the FCC
- Coverage of government meetings with remote system or field cameras
- Crew for football, River Rat Race and other AOTV productions as assigned
- Assist in all forms of fund-raising activities, especially the AOTV Auction
- Assist local access volunteers with cameras, audio, editing, lighting, graphics, and production techniques
- Complete dub requests in a timely fashion
- Assist Production Manager in all day-to-day tasks
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be dynamic, reliable and confident
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Possess computer and production skills
- Able to multi-task while paying close attention to detail
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Available to work Weeknights and minimal weekends
- Good verbal and written skills are necessary
- Knowledge of digital video formats, non-linear editing, graphic arts and website design are desired.
- Willing to learn
- Half Benefits include Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- 4 Paid Holidays
Hiring will occur once the proper candidate is found.
Applicants will be reviewed on an on-going basis.
Please submit resume and other materials to:
Coordinator Search / Executive Director
Athol•Orange Community TV
163 South Main Street
Athol, MA 01331