WINCHESTER COMMUNITY ACCESS & MEDIA
August 1, 2022
Winchester Community Access & Media Corp. (WinCAM) seeks a reliable and capable individual to assist in all areas of production for the organization. Reporting directly to the Executive Director and working in tandem with other WinCAM staff members, the Production Specialist will cover municipal meetings, annual town events and assist in WinCAM staff-produced programs.
- Assist in the recording and editing of community and municipal programming.
- Produce, master, and archive selected Winchester municipal meetings including but not limited to Board of Selectmen, School Committee and Planning Board.
- Coordinate with the rest of the WinCAM staff in the planning and coverage of Winchester’s semi-annual Town Meetings, all Town Elections, sporting events and all other WinCAM staff productions. This may include location surveys, production meetings and the coordination of crew.
- Help maintain user-friendly, efficient and clean production areas and equipment storage areas.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and when possible, repair and upgrade WinCAM production equipment.
- When needed, instruct production workshops or private training sessions for WinCAM members or other interested groups.
- Assist in the scheduling of remote equipment, studio and editing suites.
- Assist other staff in the reservation, check-in and check-out of field equipment and in-house production areas.
- Support WinCAM members and producers by providing technical expertise and advice.
- Support other WinCAM staff members by assisting in duties outside the scope of this description.
- College degree in Communications, Television Production or a related field preferred. Students anticipating a degree in such a field are welcome to apply.
- Public Access Television experience a plus.
- Must have prior experience in studio television production, field production and editing.
- Must be an excellent communicator, time-manager and organizer with the ability to both take instruction and work independently.
- Desired experience with all, but not limited to the following: RueShare, Final Cut Pro X, JVC and Canon field cameras and remote-controlled camera systems.
- Must have the desire and fortitude to work in a highly-communicative, highly-social organization and the ability to work with others.
- Must be available to work nights, should anticipate some weekend hours.
- Must be able to pass CORI/SORI checks.
- Must be a licensed driver.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds or stand for long periods of time while operating equipment.
- Interested parties shall submit resume and cover letter to David Gauthier, Executive Director. No phone calls, please. Email acceptable at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Wage commensurate with prior experience.
Executive Director, WinCAM
32 Swanton Street
Winchester, MA 01890
Winchester Community Access & Media Corp. does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status or disability.