Production Coordinator - Swansea Cable Access TV
This position coordinates the use of the SCATV studio facilities including in-studio and field productions as well as training on corresponding equipment necessary to produce programming with the ability to properly maintain and monitor all aspects of playback and network for air. This position includes establishing a working relationship with studio members, the school district, and the Town of Swansea.
Terms of Employment
- Part Time, maximum 18 hours a week.
- Flexible for coverage, including nights, weekends, and holidays are required.
- Performance evaluation after first 6 months.
- Compensation is according to education and experience.
- A source of reliable transportation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports to Director of Operations.
- Maintain all aspects of playback systems and network for air and for students work.
- Monitor channels and maintain proper operation & signal flow.
- Maintain bulletin announcements on carousel for Swansea Cable Access.
- Develop and maintain website and social networking initiatives.
- Create programming schedule to allow consistent programs to be aired at consistent times.
- Work with Director of Operations to determine upcoming programs for air and forecast future schedule.
- Coordinate productions and programming for Swansea Cable Access.
- Post production as it relates to encoding and getting programs ready to air.
- Supervisor for all location shoots related to Swansea Cable Access.
- Responsible for archiving programming.
Education & Experience
- Associates Degree in Communications, Broadcasting, Media Production or other related degree required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Video production experience required preferably in the PEG Access field.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro and other Adobe applications preferred.
- Experience with online video and social media platforms.
- Knowledge of Video Production equipment, work-flow, and best practices.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems with production equipment.
- Ability to keep organized and manage time wisely.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong computer and communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously to achieve goals.
- Self-motivated to complete tasks and take initiative.
Interested candidates shall submit a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com or mail to:
Joseph Case High School
Attention: Swansea Cable Access TV
70 School Street
Swansea, MA 02777
Deadline for submission: May 10th , 2022
(Please Note: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive requirement for the position entitled above. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned to the employee. They will follow any other instruction and perform other related tasks as may be required to fulfill all job responsibilities and the mission of Swansea Cable Access TV. The Swansea Cable Oversight Committee reserves the right to waive/add any requirements contained in this job description.)