The Production Coordinator is responsible for all phases of producing community-based productions and media projects for Medford Community Media (MCM) cable channels and website. The ideal candidate must have video production skills including digital non-linear editing and the ability to teach all phases of video production to community members.
HOURS OF WORK: Determined by the Station Manager -Part time - 17 hours per week
HOURS OF WORK: 17 HOURS PER WEEK – SCHEDULE TO BE DETERMINED BY DEPARTMENT HEAD May be required to work outside of normal business hours at night or on weekends
SALARY: Caf 1 $20.60 to $23.77
● Ability to initiate, coordinate and balance multiple community media video and television projects and productions
● Demonstrated knowledge of Apple computers, nonlinear editing and digital media software (Adobe Production Suite)
● An outgoing personality and ability to work with the public
● Ability to work independently as well as with a team and capacity to meet deadlines
● Must possess a valid driver's license and reliable transportation and be capable of loading, unloading and setting up video equipment from personal vehicle to site without assistance
● Lead production of off-site ENG, multi-camera, live and studio TV productions
● Develop and produce programs that increase the usage of MCM production equipment and TV studios
● Maintain and troubleshoot studio, production computers and portable equipment
● Create graphic and animated content for the community
● Work with the Station Manager to seek out new and innovative content opportunities
● Organize and maintain all MCM equipment/event and member databases
● Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION/MIN. QUALIFICATIONS: Associates Degree with one year of experience in video/film production, community programming or related field. Preference may be given to those with experience in public, educational and governmental access channels. Or High school graduation or equivalent and three years of experience in in video/film production, community programming or related field. Preference may be given to those with experience in public, educational and governmental access channels.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF JOB: The employee is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talks and hears. The employee is required to walk, reach with hands and arms, lift and/or carry up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus with an ability to operate video production and electronic equipment. This is a part time position up to 17 hours a week with evening and occasional weekend hours covering city and community events.
ADDRESS ALL COVER LETTERS AND RESUMES TO:
City of Medford
85 George P. Hassett Drive
Medford, MA 02155
or send cover letter and resume with the job title in the subject line to
For the posting please visit the City of Medford's website - www.medford-ma.gov "The City of Medford is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/504 Employer Residents of the City of Medford, Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply