Production Coordinator Job Description
Effective: July 21, 2020
The Production Coordinator of Bedford Community Access Television supports Bedford TV and its Board of Directors by providing training to volunteers, organizing the digital assets of the station, aiding in the completion of productions, and assisting in the management of the station’s video production equipment.
Terms of Employment
Full-Time, Salaried position with benefits
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports to the Bedford TV Executive Director
- Supports the Executive Director in developing class curriculum and providing production training
- Assists in planning annual events, making sure they are properly documented for prosperity
- Assists the Executive Director in organizing, maintaining, and monitoring health of Bedford TV servers, software, and equipment.
- Provides suggestions for new or replacement equipment purchases to the Executive Director when needed
- Works with the Executive Director to oversee the completion of assigned productions
- Has full understanding of Bedford TV policies, and requirements for membership
- Performs such other duties as from time to time may be assigned by the Executive Director
- Supports other staff and activities as needed
- Supports any/all other aspects of BTV operations as needed
- Ability to identify technical issues and report them to the Executive Director
- Assists in maintaining and organizing all Bedford TV equipment
- Works with the Executive Director to maintain accurate, up-to-date documentation on all equipment including charts, workflows, and training materials
- Assists in organizing field equipment and television studio reservations.
- Maintains a clear and accurate production calendar for upcoming productions and field equipment reservations. Communicates any changes to the appropriate staff, volunteers, or interns.
- Assists in managing media collections, libraries and databases
- Updates items on production work list to ensure all assigned productions are completed within a timely manner
- Assists with shooting, editing, exporting, and encoding programming in the studio and in the field
- Secures live broadcast to cable channels and the web when appropriate
- Assists in the instruction of volunteers and students in both formal class settings and by helping volunteers to troubleshoot their productions
- Assists the Executive Director in developing new classes and workshops in order to satisfy needs of the Bedford TV membership
Qualifications and Requirements
- BA or BS degree in communications, television production, film production, media production or other related degree
- 1 year video production experience, preferably in the PEG Access field
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Extensive knowledge of video production, post-production editing, lighting, and audio production
- Knowledge of DSLR cameras, camcorders, wired and wireless microphones, audio mixers, Mac Computers, Final Cut Pro X, Logic Pro X, Motion, Tightrope and TelVue video servers is a plus.
- Ability to juggle and prioritize a wide variety of tasks while maintaining a high standard of quality
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated desire to positively impact the community and to improve public dialogue through access to communications media
- Experience teaching classes, and enthusiasm about working with children and teens in grades 3-12
- Ability to work with diverse groups, individuals, ideas and opinions; cross-cultural competence and a demonstrated commitment to diversity
- Computer, internet and new technology experience; Some familiarity with IT and Systems Administration a plus
- Demonstrated self-confidence and sound judgment sufficient to handle challenges
- Strong attention to detail as well as organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge of Bedford community a plus
- Occasional night and weekend work
- Candidate is required to pass a CORI background test
Compensation and Evaluation
Evaluations are conducted yearly per the Bedford TV Performance Evaluation and Compensation Guidelines. Compensation is commensurate with experience and a benefits package is included. More information about salary and benefits can be provided on request.
How to Apply
Email resume, cover letter, list of 3 references, and link to your video reel to firstname.lastname@example.org Posting will remain open until the position is filled.
(This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards for the position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned. Employees will follow any other instructions and perform other related duties as may be required to fulfill all job responsibilities and the mission of the organization. The Board reserves the right to waive any requirements contained in this job description.)