Westwood Media Center (WMC) is a non-profit local TV station located in Westwood, Massachusetts. Funded largely by cable provider license agreements with the town, WMC operates 2 PEG channels, which are watched throughout Westwood on Comcast and Verizon. WMC is currently looking for a full time Production Coordinator to join our small team. You'd have your hand in everything we do, assisting with studio productions, news coverage, municipal meeting coverage, high school sporting events, video editing, and paid client services. This is a 40-hour per week position and includes health and dental benefits. Candidate must be available to work afternoons and nights.
Under the direction of the Executive Director and working in tandem with other full time employees, the production coordinator will work on programming and production efforts related to the mission of Westwood Media Center.
Regularly called upon to provide information to the public by residents, schools, and local government departments to produce content for our distribution outlets.
Creates programs, which work to educate and inform the citizenry regarding Town Government and community happenings; coordination with various community stakeholders is a key element in this role. Films, edits, problem solves, provides technical support, educates patrons regarding equipment use, and creates content.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs duties requiring some knowledge of television and PEG-related programming and regulations; films, edits, and airs media-related programming for public viewing in accordance with FCC and Cable Company Franchise
- Acts as technician for live and/or recorded productions including school/educational and governmental meetings.
- Produces Outreach Programs (PSAs, Holiday Greetings, and Community Notices); creates, produces, and edits community and staff generated programming as
- Film High School sporting events in the afternoons and evening. Upload and edit games and import them to an online video system for viewing.
- Maintains and manages inventory, loaned and/or community use equipment database and performs inspections upon check-out and return.
- Trains and assists community volunteers in all aspects of studio use, field production and editing to highest production Assists in developing training programing including orientations and production workshops for students, volunteers, staff, and members of the general public.
- Create effective digital media for marketing and social media, staying within the mission of WMC.
- No direct supervisory May provide guidance and/or functional oversight to students, community members and citizen groups.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred but will accept a High School Diploma, plus at least one year of additional education or training in video production or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work nights and weekends to cover meetings, events, and other areas of public interest.
- Valid driver’s license with a safe driving record and ability to provide vehicle for personal transportation during work
- Able to lift 50 lbs. or more and stand for long periods of time while operating equipment
- Ability to pass a CORI/SORI background check.
- Working knowledge of community television, video production and network
- Knowledge of and ability to work with Mac Computers and Adobe Creative Suite, social media outlets, and technological equipment; ability to create and edit videos and podcasts suitable for mass
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; ability to effectively deal with all members of the public in a courteous and tactful manner; ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with
- Ability to work with a high level of detail and when necessary, to delegate and prioritize tasks to maintain efficiency and effectiveness.
- Capability in dealing effectively with numerous interruptions and proficiency in identifying and analyzing complex issues to develop appropriate recommendations and work
- Works with outside organizations and agencies evaluate projects and has specific public knowledge related to content and potential programming.
- Must know your way around Adobe Premiere with a keen eye for storytelling.
Salary range: $33,000 to $36,000
Interested parties shall submit resume and cover letter to Melinda Garfield, Executive Director. No phone calls please.
Westwood Media Center Inc. does not discriminate based on race, age, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status or disability.