The individual filling this position serves as the Production Coordinator of North Andover’s community television station, a 501(c)(3) independent non-profit organization. North Andover CAM is completely engaged with the community and continually generates production opportunities for members and staff to be televised on the Public, Education & Government Access channels. . Established in 2004, North Andover CAM is an organization with cutting edge production equipment, making media communication available and accessible to the general public while promoting community spirit.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Production Coordinator is responsible for providing production assistance and training to our volunteer members, enabling them to produce local programming. These responsibilities are based upon a detailed knowledge of the principals, practices and techniques of public, education and governmental access operations.
- Train and Qualify members for Production positions
- Assist producers in creating content
- Coordinate Production timelines
- General outreach for production ideas and opportunities
- Develop and update media resources for training materials
- Coordinate and teach production skill workshops
- Maintain member and equipment database
- Other duties as assigned
- BA degree in Communications or related experience
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups, individuals, ideas, and opinions.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong editing skills with Adobe creative suite or other professional editing software
- A high degree of knowledge of cable television operations and proficiency in television program production.
- Knowledge and conceptual strength regarding computers
- Demonstrated ability to work with professionals, non-professionals including youth
- The ability to work on your feet for most of a shift on any given workday.