JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
A WHCA "Production Assistant / Videographer" is responsible for capturing events in our studio and the community and bringing them to WHCA’s viewers via our distribution platforms such as cable television and other online video OnDemand. WHCA’s "Production Assistants / Videographers" report to WHCA’s Executive Director and are part time irregular, positions where the work schedule and frequency is dictated by each week’s events and workload. Frequent evening and weekend work will be required for this and all jobs at WHCA.
- Field Production: Setting up audio/visual equipment for public/educational/government field productions, capturing events, breaking down shoots, and post-production / editing shoots as necessary.
- Studio Production: Making sure WHCA volunteer users stay trained on new equipment in the studio. This may include supervising and assisting WHCA’s many local producers and productions/events.
- Training Classes: All WHCA staff are trained on facilities and equipment so that they will be able to train community users in studio production and field production.
- Editing Software: Applicants should be familiar with both Mac and Windows operating systems, (Google) email, online calendars, basic word processing and spreadsheets. Video editing at WHCA occurs in Final Cut Pro X (FCPX) and at least a basic knowledge of that software is preferred.
- Facility Upkeep: All WHCA employees are responsible for making sure our equipment is used and stored correctly. Employees should report any equipment not working correctly to a supervisor right away.
- Communication Skills: WHCA employees work with many different volunteers in our community, including but not limited to; students, senior citizens, and volunteers of all ages, along with vendors and town/government officials. As a member of the WHCA staff, employees are expected to act as representatives of our organization and communicate responsibly. Employees must be patient, outgoing, and kind to all those with whom we interact.
- Additional Studio Needs: Employees may be asked to assist in other miscellaneous tasks as they arise
A minimum of a high school degree is required, but a college degree in communications or related is preferred. WHCA is looking for a competent multitasker, able to work well with; students, senior citizens, and volunteers of all ages, along with vendors and town/government officials. They should also be able to work well independently. Applicant must be able to lift 50 pounds and have a valid driver’s license and vehicle to transport WHCA equipment and themselves around our community. You will also be subject to a CORI test.
Check out WHCA’s website at www.WHCA.tv to learn about WHCA’s history, happenings, and our mission.
Applicants should submit ALL of the following by email or US mail prior to November 14th:
- Cover letter - Describing in which how your skills and experience will relate at WHCA.
- A current resume
- Examples of your work - Demo reels, or links to YouTube, Vimeo, etc. are all acceptable.
*Please note: Applicants missing any of the three items above will not be considered.
Submit your application today by email to Jobs@WHCA.tv or by US Mail to:
115 South Ave
Whitman, MA 02382
This is an entry level position with compensation commensurate with experience.