Title: Production Assistant
Type: Part Time (16-19 hours per week), hourly pay at $20
NewTV, located in Newton, Massachusetts is an award-winning, state-of-the-art media center, specializing in television production, content distribution, training, and building community partnerships. We are seeking a candidate to join our team as a part time Production Assistant. This multifaceted role will serve the production needs of our membership, news and government operation with assistance across five domains that will vary each week.
- Studio Production
- Supervise member-produced productions to ensure seamless experience for volunteer crews and guests. Troubleshoot technical issues and provide support when needed. Assist in production of weekly news program including studio set up, teleprompter and recording of newscast with News Director.
- Field Production
- Capture a variety of community, government, and news events using broadcast level equipment. Setup, operate, and breakdown cameras, cables, lights and microphones.
- Municipal Meeting Coverage
- Independently record and broadcast live municipal meetings using a robotic camera system.
- Post Production
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, particularly Adobe Premiere is strongly preferred.
- Membership Support
- Provide occasional training, supervision or technical advice to our member producers in the areas of field and post-production. Experience with podcasting a plus.
- At least one year of experience in studio, field, and post-production
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Must have a good attitude, be willing to learn, and be a team player.
- Must be able to problem solve quickly and work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Valid driver’s license and be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies from all age ranges, cultures, backgrounds, perspectives and identities.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter describing skills and experience along with a current resume including demo reel link via email to email@example.com