Sharon Community Television is a nonprofit public access TV station located in Sharon, Massachusetts. SharonTV operates 3 channels (Government Access, Education Access, and Public Access), which are watched throughout Sharon on Comcast.
We are currently seeking a freelance Production Assistant to join our team to film Sharon high School sports, government meetings, and other town events. The Production Assistant will film, edit and upload productions each week.
- Film games in the afternoons and evening
- Film Government Meetings
- Operate Camera for studio shows
- Assist with van productions
- Produce news segments for SharonTV News
- Edit SharonTV Productions
- Upload and import productions into playback and websites
- Various Office Tasks
- Must have a knowledge and interest in video production
- An interest in journalism is a plus
- Ability to operate portable digital recording equipment such as HD cameras and editing equipment.
- A demonstrated knowledge of digital editing systems.
- Excellent eye for videography
- Ability to coordinate content from multiple platforms and ability to work with content from a variety of sources.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must represent the station in a professional manner at all time.
- Familiarity with and appreciation of public media programming.
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license and a vehicle.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40-lbs. of equipment up and down stairs.
- Candidate must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
This is an afternoon/early evening position with occasional weekends, depending on events.
This position will be required to work indoor and outdoor events sometimes with large crowds. Individuals may be subject to inclement weather.
Pay is on an hourly basis, depending on experience and qualifications. There are no benefits associated with this position.
Candidates who are coincided for the position will need to complete and pass a background check prior to being hired.
EEO is the LAW
Applicants to and employees of this company are protected under Federal law from discrimination on several bases. SharonTV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex or national origin.
This position is subject to a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check, as required by Massachusetts State Law.
Salary: $13.00 to $15.00 an hour/ 10-20 Hours per week
Please send a letter of interest and a resume to:
65 Pond Street
Sharon, MA 02067
No phone calls, please.