Walpole Media Corporation is a nonprofit public access TV station located in Walpole, Massachusetts. WMC operates 3 channels (Government Access, Education Access, and Public Access), which are watched throughout Walpole on Comcast and Verizon.
We are currently seeking freelance Videographers to join our news team. Candidate(s) will be responsible for creating high-quality video content for news. The producer/videographer will shoot, edit and upload multiple news video stories each week, often working independently.
Working under the direction of the Executive Director, the producer/videographer’s responsibilities include all phases of production, from high-definition videography to writing and editing. Projects include news and public affairs coverage, digital-first video content and studio productions. Since all WMC productions are developed for on-demand release in addition to broadcast, a working knowledge of social media and digital content strategy is needed.
- Producing / shooting / editing digital-first content, news and public affairs, television series, and documentaries.
- Assisting other producers or production personnel in the preparation and production of programs as assigned (editing, script and other writing, graphics support, videography).
- Following proper procedures on maintaining equipment, supplies, and work areas.
- Recommending equipment and procedure improvements to the news director.
- Staying informed on cutting-edge technology and techniques to develop and implement innovative, efficient content for both broadcast and web delivery.
- Composing, formatting and combining artwork, photographs, special effects, audio and graphics for insertion into media productions to support and reinforce content and delivery.
- Assisting in the multimedia delivery of television programs (uploading to web, DVD authoring, compression, duplication, social media, etc.).
- Assisting in program promotion by providing information, photos, or other materials needed by creative services and / or interactive services.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree and at least one year of professional videography experience.
- Ability to operate portable digital recording equipment such as HD cameras and editing equipment.
- A demonstrated knowledge of digital editing systems.
- Excellent eye for videography and storytelling.
- Ability to coordinate content from multiple platforms and ability to work with content from a variety of sources.
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Ability to write and produce effectively under deadline.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must represent the station in a professional manner at all time.
- Familiarity with and appreciation of public media programming.
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license and a vehicle.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40-lbs. of equipment.
- Candidate must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
Hours and schedule will vary but include mornings, afternoons and evening. On occasion, there is a weekend event that may need coverage and we will make every attempt to give notice well in advance.
This position will be required to work indoor and outdoor events sometimes with large crowds. Individuals may be subject to inclement weather.
Pay is on an hourly basis, depending on experience and qualifications. There are no benefits associated with this position.
Candidates who are coincided for the position will need to complete and pass a background check prior to being hired.
Resumes or questions should be emailed to email@example.com
No phone calls, please.
EEO is the LAW
Applicants to and employees of this company are protected under Federal law from discrimination on several bases. WMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
This position is subject to a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check, as required by Massachusetts State Law.