The MCM News Director is the point person and producer for MCM’s news coverage. The News Director is actively involved in the community covering events, meetings, creating news packages and stories. The News Director will lead our Marshfield Community News coverage and production of our news magazine show “Beyond Ocean and Main”. The News Director must be comfortable in front of the cameras as well as behind it.
All MCM Staff are expected to represent MCM professionally at all times and assist in promoting MCM’s philosophies for community information and communication. This position reports directly to the Executive Director
Primary Job Responsibilities of the News Director
- Create high end field productions from pre-production through post-production
- Establish and maintain relations with state and town officials, local organizations, community leaders, businesses, and other key players to generate leads for new content
- Assist the Executive Director in finding new community partners and sponsors.
- Produce, film, and edit Marshfield Community News and Beyond Ocean and Main productions and interviews on your own and with the assistance of other MCM staff and interns
- Recruit, train and supervise news interns.
- Work with the Content Manager in making sure news pieces and other news related content is distributed on the proper platforms in a timely manner
- Work with the Marketing and Membership Manager in the promotion of news pieces and other related content
Additional Job Responsibilities of the News Director
- Assist MCM staff in the equipment check out process
- Work with MCM staff in developing ideas for programming, promotion, and community involvement
- Serve as a mentor to members, interns and staff.
Job Responsibilities Expected of all MCM Employees
- Provide thorough and reliable support to MCM Membership and MCM members
- Provide and assist in staff produced programming
- Assist with media distribution to MCM members and the Marshfield Community
- Assist in the development and provision of MCM production training
- Create original MCM programming spotlighting community events and initiatives.
- Ensure that all studio and field equipment remain cleaned, serviced and well maintained.
- Assist and supervise MCM interns
- Support MCM members in the production of their own original content and help to promote new programming on MCM platforms
- Assist MCM Staff and management with other miscellaneous tasks as they arise
- Degree in journalism, film, video and/or broadcaster media or related field
- Proficiency in Final Cut X and/or Adobe
- Proficiency in Studio and Field Production Equipment
- Ability to turn around news packages quickly while working on longer term projects (time management)
- Must be able to cover events that occur on nights and weekends
- Must be self-motivated and organized
- Excellent Communication skills, verbal and written.
- Must have a Driver’s License and personal vehicle to complete some work tasks
- Must be able to lift and move items up to 50 pounds
MCM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The successful candidate will be tendered a salary commensurate with his/her experience. Candidates will be CORI checked and must have a valid form of ID.
Expected Salary Range: $48,000 to $52,000
Applicants must include a cover letter, resume and examples of work. Please mail to MCM 167 Forest St. Marshfield, MA. 02050 Attention to the Executive Director or email email@example.com
Deadline to Apply is September 20, 2022