This Lowell TeleMedia Center (LTC) position is a full time, permanent position. Under the direction of LTC's Executive Director, the Access Coordinator/News Director assists with member and staff productions in the studio and field, produces programs for channel 8, and trains adults and youth in video production. He/She is also responsible for overseeing the production and distribution of the news magazine program LTC News
• Oversee the training and orientation of access members and act as their mentor on video projects. Develop curriculum and evaluate training programs.
• Produce programs in collaboration with nonprofit organizations and LTC members.
• Coordinate and manage volunteers for LTC productions and projects.
• Produce production services projects to raise funds for LTC.
• Produce community service programs in collaboration with the Community Producer.
• Represent LTC at community events to promote LTC membership.
· Oversee the production and distribution of LTC News. Use journalism best-practices and ethics in all areas of producing the program. Produce the program with a spirit of inclusivity toward all segments of the Lowell community.
· In collaboration with the Executive Director, plan show segments and assign production tasks to other staff, volunteers, and interns.
· Shoot, write, and edit field segments.
· Oversee the host script and host studio taping for each show.
· Periodically evaluate the show for production quality, diversity of segments, and relevance to Lowell residents.
· Distribute the program on Channel 8, YouTube, Facebook, and on-demand. Work with the Outreach Coordinator to promote the program.
• Maintain an organized and clean facility.
• Answer phones and interface with the public. Represent LTC at outside events.
• Periodic weekend and evening hours assigned.
• Fill in as needed to program channels 8 and 95.
• Associates Degree or higher in related field including video production, communications, computer technology, or broadcasting.
• At least one year of work experience in public access, journalism, commercial TV, or a community media center.
• Expert in video editing, and camera, lighting, and audio production. Strong design skills.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Ability to work with a diverse membership and collaborate on community media projects.
• Strong verbal and written abilities. Multi-lingual a plus.
• Experience working with a variety of digital media files and an understanding of the digital production workflow.
• Commitment to free speech and community development through media technology.
• Knowledge of Lowell a plus.
To apply, send a resume, cover letter, and links to video work to Wendy Blom, Executive Director at wblom@LTC.org.