MOBILE PRODUCTION UNIT MANAGER
Reports to: Chief Engineer & GM
PT / FT: F/T (Flexible schedule including Holidays, Evenings & Weekends)
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Coordinates maintenance, scheduling and use of BNN Media mobile production unit and other production vehicles. Works with Chief Engineer, General Manager, Operations Manager, Production Services Manager and other personnel to fulfill BNN programming commitments, including local origination programming and collaborations with the City of Boston and to develop other BNN-produced programming and revenue diversification initiatives. Works with staff to improve and maximize utilization of BNN’s facilities, training, programming and public services.
- Responsible for the mobile production truck unit and other production vehicles' efficient and ongoing operations and maintenance
- Acquire information and conduct scouts to advise on the feasibility of proposed mobile production
- Evaluate potential projects and develop production plans for BNN productions and programs, including but not limited to collaborations with the City of Boston for the productions of the High School sporting events, Parades, Forums, etc., community requests, production service, and local origination programming.
- Implement approved production plans, ensure appropriate resource deployment and staffing of all production roles (e.g., Director, Videographer, Editor, etc.)
- Set up and engineer the mobile production unit during specified productions.
- Coordinate production personnel and interns and oversee production-related administrative tasks: including but not limited to clearances, releases, and payroll.
- Supervise and oversee production staff for all mobile productions
- Ensure that all productions are staffed and on budget.
- Schedule and track usage of the mobile production unit and other vehicles
- Conduct Mobile Production Unit training for staff, interns, and members.
- Ensure qualified and fully trained staff and interns use the mobile unit and other production vehicles and equipment.
- Work with our Production Services Manager and related production staff to ensure programs reflect the highest possible production standards throughout all production phases and distribution.
- Assist Engineering Department and other departments with non-mobile productions.
- Assist in developing revenue diversification initiatives, including customized training, rentals, and sponsorship programs.
- Assist with the cablecasting of programming
- Tracks ongoing status of requests, assignments, production plans, and results
- Provide weekly, quarterly, annual, and other reports as needed
- Maintain consistent communication with Chief Engineer, General Manager, Production Services Manager, and other designated staff
- Maintain a calendar of scheduled truck production, maintenance, activities, and events
- Maintain accurate records of operations, training, facility usage, staff schedules, productions, activities, and outcomes
- Tracks and meets all goals, objectives, tasks, assignments, and deadlines
- Assist in refining policies, guidelines, and procedures as needed
- Understand and assure compliance with all BNN Media policies by members, clients, interns, production personnel, and other participants
- Assist BNN Media outreach and marketing efforts
- Provide cooperative support to all staff in furthering BNN Media's mission
- Represent BNN Media's interest at all times
- Coordinate production personnel work schedules and payroll
- Professionally interact and maintain effective and open communication with all personnel, vendors/manufacturers, and members
- Foster and ensure a friendly, consistent, non-discriminatory atmosphere in the workplace and demonstrates a strong commitment to public service
- Maintain and supervise the safe and efficient operation of the department
- Responsible for performing all duties safely and in a manner consistent with the policies and procedures of the organization
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment (for all direct and indirect personnel)
- Keep work areas free from debris, and ensure safe work habits of all personnel
- Maintain and report any equipment issues, notify the appropriate personnel of any operational area or equipment that may be hazardous or defective
- Monitor and ensure the proper use and tracking of all company-issued items (e.g., tools, production equipment)
- Responsible for notifying the appropriate Director of any operational area or equipment that may be hazardous or defective
- Must be prepared to perform all work-related responsibilities of supervised staff as circumstances may require
- Any other assigned duties
Production personnel and any assigned interns
POSITION REQUIREMENT (Describes the minimum education, training, knowledge and experience which are required to competently perform the job duties of this job).
- An Associate Degree or Bachelor of Science or related experience
- Knowledge and experience with Multi-cam live editing, switcher, audio board, cameras, graphic generator, etc.
- Excellent mechanical knowledge and skills, including generator/auto engine upkeep.
- Knowledge of BNN Media, Boston neighborhoods and/or community media preferred.
- Must have an excellent driving record, ability to drive the mobile production truck, and a valid Massachusetts driver’s license.
- CORI/SORI required
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES Describes the core skills, competencies, and characteristics the candidate must display to succeed in this role).
- Proficiency in non-linear editing and graphics creation (Broadcast Pix, Tightrope FCPX Pro, Adobe Creative Suites) preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Bilingual skills preferred.
- Required to effectively utilize the organization’s computer system.
WORK ENVIRONMENT (Describes the characteristics that represent the work environment the employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
- General office environment in which work is usually performed in a sitting position
- May require stooping, kneeling, reaching, lifting and carrying during the course of the work shift
- May be required to solely and safely lift and move materials of up to 50 lbs and work at heights of up to 20 feet
- May be required to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Required to maintain a current and valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as established by BNN’s insurance provider.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Other duties may be assigned.
Boston Neighborhood Network Media reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
RESUME & COVER LETTER SUBMISSION:
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Glenn Williams, General Manager. No phone calls, please.
Mail: Glenn Williams
General Manager, BNN Media
3025 Washington Street, Roxbury, MA 02119