Position Title: Government Channel Coordinator
Job Type: Full time
Reports To: Executive Director
As part of the LexMedia team, the Government Channel Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of production on the government channel including: meeting coverage, planning and programming.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Coordinates and produces all government meeting coverage for the LexMedia government channel
· Serves as liaison with all Town departments and LexMedia
· Responsible for tagging agenda items and indexing content for on-demand section of LexMedia.org
· Responsible for programming government content and creating schedules for playback using TelVue software. Programming includes locally produced government meetings, state and national government shows.
· Resolve problems related to production and playback equipment, obtain technical assistance when needed.
· Responsible for effectively promoting the government channel via community bulletin board, web page, newsletter, and social media
· Edit programs, add graphics and transfer data to proper playback format
· Evaluates new and existing programming and makes appropriate recommendations
· Assist fellow producers on meeting coverage from pre-production to post-production
· Produce live and recorded meeting coverage and ensure consistent production quality
· Maintain LexMedia equipment at government control room, and set up equipment for remote sites.
· Produce shows in cooperation with government officials
· Train Town officials in microphone use and other technical aspects to assure consistent programs
· Other duties as assigned by Executive Director
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Conduct ongoing community assessments of governmental needs and resources
· Coordinate election coverage and produce all governmental field productions
· Coordinate guests for certain governmental programs
· Coordinate all government meeting dub requests
· Organize and maintain archive
· Assist other LexMedia staff with their productions
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Willingness to communication clearly and professionally with the public and LexMedia staff and members
· Knowledge of the following software required: Microsoft Word and Google Suites, Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premier editing software. TelVue programming software a plus
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
· Skill in operating production equipment is required
· Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot repairs for programming facilities and equipment.
· Ability to work independently and make decisions related to LexMedia guidelines and policies.
· Experience working with town officials is a big plus.
· Supervise and train producers, PA and interns for coverage of town government meeting
· Verify time sheets when requested
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· Most government meetings are held in the evening, some weekend work may be required.
· AsOccasional moving and lifting of production video equipment is required, as is the ability to climb ladders and stairs.
· May spend extended periods of time at computer terminal, on the telephone or operating studio camera’s and editing equipment requiring eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity.
· Work involves travel to various meetings locations within the community, Vehicle required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
Send Resume and introductory letter to: ApplyLexMedia@gmail.com