Walpole Media Corporation is a nonprofit public access TV station located in Walpole, Massachusetts. WMC operates 3 channels (Government Access, Education Access, and Public Access), which are watched throughout Walpole on Comcast and Verizon.
We are presently accepting applications for the position(s) of freelance videographer(s) to film public meetings. Meetings typically begin at 7:00pm, M-Th and can go until 10-11:00pm. Meetings are recorded to DVD and also air live on TV and online. Since all WMC productions are developed for on-demand release in addition to broadcast, a working knowledge of social media and digital content strategy is needed.
Videographers need to arrive at least 30 minutes before each meeting to set up. They are then responsible for the video production of the meeting using robotic cameras, switcher, audio board, and some basic graphics.
- A bachelor's degree and at least one year of professional videography experience.
- Ability to operate robotic cameras, switcher, audio board, and some basic graphics and/or portable digital recording equipment such as HD cameras and editing equipment.
- A demonstrated knowledge of digital editing systems.
- Excellent eye for videography
- Ability to coordinate content from multiple platforms and ability to work with content from a variety of sources.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must represent the station in a professional manner at all time.
- Familiarity with and appreciation of public media programming.
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license and a vehicle.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40-lbs. of equipment
- Candidate must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
This is an evening position. Candidates should expect to work to 10:00p.m. or later. On occasion, there is a weekend game that may need coverage but we will make every attempt to give notice well in advance.
This position will be required to work indoor and outdoor events sometimes with large crowds.
Pay is on an hourly basis, depending on experience and qualifications. There are no benefits associated with this position.
Candidates who are coincided for the position will need to complete and pass a background check prior to being hired.
Resumes or questions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.
EEO is the LAW
Applicants to and employees of this company are protected under Federal law from discrimination on several bases. WMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
This position is subject to a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check, as required by Massachusetts State Law.