Danvers Community Access Television
Danvers Community Access Television is a 3,000sf studio located in the heart of Danvers, Massachusetts. The facility includes an HD studio, a classroom space, and multiple editing bays. DCAT also manages on-site video equipment at Town Hall, Danvers High School, and the Danvers Senior Center. Danvers has a population of approximately 26,000 people.
Government Access Coordinator
The Government Access Coordinator is a full-time, 40 hour per week position that will report to the Executive Director. The primary responsibilities of the Government Access Coordinator are to provide coverage of local government meetings and to collaborate with local government officials and boards to produce video programming that makes local government more accessible to the citizens of Danvers.
We are looking for an energetic, personable individual with a strong technical A/V background. This individual must be a team player and be passionate about the mission of community media. Strong organizational skills are a must! We look for coachable individuals that are interested in learning and growing to their full potential.
This position will require frequent weekday night hours as most town boards meet in the evening. Meeting schedules vary, but approximately three nights per week will be required. The number of daytime hours in the office will vary depending on the meeting schedule week-to-week but will scheduled between the hours of 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday, Wednesday and Friday or 8:00 AM - 6:30 PM Tuesday and Thursday.
- Gavel to gavel meeting coverage of local boards including the Select Board, Planning Board, Conservation Commission, and Zoning Board of Appeals using multi-camera on site facilities
- Edit, upload, and index meetings
- Seek out new and innovative content opportunities by making connections with local officials and boards
- Produce local origination shows to highlight government events and services
- Train and support part-time government meeting videographers
- Assist with general upkeep, organization and cleanliness of editing room, control room, office area, green room, studio, and equipment rooms as well as on-site video locations
- Technical support for government boards using teleconferencing technology
- Create standard operating procedures regarding equipment usage, maintenance of equipment, etc.
- Maintain NLE bays and camera equipment according to the SOPs currently in place.
- Edit DCAT produced programs, creating graphics, adjusting audio
- Report any equipment failures and possible repairs to the Executive Director.
- Assist with studio or field productions as needed.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Support staff members as needed.
- Cover programming and scheduling duties when Education or Public Access Coordinators are unavailable
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or three years relevant experience preferred
- Candidate must demonstrate a commitment to community media and the town of Danvers
- Prior experience in PEG access and/or in an educational setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of new media technology
- Comfortable with PC and Mac operating systems and databases
- Experience with live, on site television production (Broadcast Pix and OBS skills are a plus)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Benefits package includes Health insurance, PTO and 10 paid Holidays.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and two contacts for references to: