This Lowell TeleMedia Center (LTC) position is a full time, permanent position. Under the direction of LTC's Executive Director, the Director of Municipal Programming will oversee all programming and distribution on LTC Channel 99 in conjunction with City government offices and agencies. Hours are variable, depending on work assignments and will include some evenings and weekends.
- Oversee the look and management of Channel 99, including scheduling of programs, public service announcements, bulletin board messages, and promotions.
- Supervise the Municipal staff and interns/volunteers assigned to assist with Channel 99 operations.
- Provide for the coverage of, and be Producer of Record for a variety of municipal meetings held at Lowell City Hall. Provide coverage of other important municipal events, determined in conjunction with the Issuing Authority, the City Manager.
- Produce and/or oversee the production of original municipal programming from concept to completion – in collaboration with city departments, local governmental agencies and community producers.
- Manage and maintain the Municipal Department’s portable video equipment and the robotic video systems in City Hall. Troubleshoot technical issues. Recommend technology purchases to the Executive Director.
- Maintain Channel 99 cablecasting equipment and troubleshoot cablecast issues with TelVue tech support.
- Under the supervision of the Executive Director, acquire programs of interest to the community from other access stations, satellite, and the Web for cablecast.
- Produce and/or oversee the production of bi-weekly news segments for “LTC News” and other LTC community-oriented programming, promotions, festivals, and paid production services as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Maintain detailed programming records as required by the City of Lowell. Submit quarterly programming reports.
- Associates Degree or higher in related field including video production, communications, computer technology, or broadcasting.
- At least two years of work experience in public access, commercial TV, or a community media center.
- Strong digital production and editing skills. Ability to produce TV shows creatively, efficiently, and in a timely manner. Experience with remote event coverage, directing in a three-camera TV studio and live broadcasting from remote locations.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse membership and collaborate on media projects.
- Strong verbal and written abilities.
- Commitment to free speech and community development through media technology.
- Ability to lift and move 50lbs. of video equipment.
LTC is an equal opportunity employer. Offering a competitive salary commensurate with experience, and benefits. Minority and multi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply. To apply, send a letter of interest and a resume to Wendy Blom, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 24, 2020. No phone calls please.