Ayer Public Access Corporation (APAC) is a 501-C3 non-profit corporation created in 2002 to provide Public, Educational, and Government (PEG) community access television channels to the town of Ayer, MA.
The APAC Board of Directors is seeking a highly motivated, creative, and technically skilled leader who has the vision to build a strong media presence in the community. This individual must have an entrepreneurial spirit, a background in managing all facets of a non-profit access media center, along with interpersonal skills to interact with all members of the community. The Executive Director reports directly to the APAC Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s Degree and more than five years of experience in responsible community access television positions.
- Management experience with educational, government, and public (PEG) access operations.
- Expert-level technical knowledge of community access broadcast distribution, FCC guidelines, and signal sending to service providers for Public, Education, and Government (PEG) channels.
- Must successfully complete a CORI and fingerprint check
- Proficiency in studio operations, video production, studio lighting, editing, CASTUS programming system and streaming technologies.
- Background in web management, design, and servicing. Digital content management with social media strategies is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and orchestrate the video production activities of diverse groups of individuals, agencies, organizations, and businesses.
- Teach video production skills to members of the community, high school and/or college students.
- Ability to effectively manage the organization\'s material, fiscal, and personnel records.
- Demonstrated solid working relationships with local government, vendors, and members of the community.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of APAC
- Create, maintain, educate, set goals for, and effectively manage a staff of employees. Oversee staff, and serve as human resources; with responsibilities including hiring, discipline, and termination.
- Work with the Public Access Coordinator with recruitment and education of volunteers
- Maintain already implemented internships (high school and college level) and educational programs with local schools
- Actively work with the town and community to cover events, create, produce and promote new programming.
- Initiate and grow membership efforts that generate sources of revenue and create a greater awareness of APAC in the community and within the region.
- Initiate and strengthen relationships with town leaders, school personnel, and other external organizations to strengthen APAC’s standing in the community
- Maintain APAC’s timely presence on its website as well as social media
- Be a participating member of the Ayer Cable Advisory Board
- Knowledge of media, new technology, and industry standards keeping APAC on the technological forefront.
- Coordinate the uses of spaces given to APAC by the Ayer-Shirley Regional School District, the Ayer Town Hall, and the Ayer Police Dept.
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures. Implement quality control processes and record-keeping to monitor and document equipment functionality and broadcast signal quality and reliability
- Create and adhere to annual capital and operating budgets.
- Develop, manage, and report to the Board of Directors on budgets and overall operations
- Maintain official records, documents, and personnel records.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, FCC, and local regulations
- Serve as the primary staff liaison to the Board of Directors and support Board meetings.
- Primary spokesperson, representative, and advocate for the organization staying well informed of media news, new technology, and industry trends.
- Strategic planning development along with the Board of Directors.
- Coordinate and research any/all fundraising and grant requests.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Full-time, exempt position located in Ayer, MA
- Annual salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Paid time-off for vacation, sick, and personal days
APAC is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promoting, or any other employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, military service or application for military service, veteran or disability status.
Interested candidates should email resumes, samples, demo reel, and a list of references in pdf form to the APAC Board of Directors, ATTN: APACChair@ayer.ma.us
All submissions must be received no later than by 11:59 p.m., Friday, Dec. 30, 2022.