ABOUT CAPE MEDIA CENTER
Cape Media Center (CMC) is a nonprofit community media center and the public access TV station for the towns of Barnstable, Yarmouth, Dennis, Harwich, and Chatham. Our mission is to build community through media, enhance democratic communication, and facilitate free expression by providing our five towns with a state-of-the-art media resource center.
CMC’s Executive Director will provide leadership and develop a culture promoting teamwork, innovation, and excellence. This role requires a highly motivated and collaborative individual who has a passion for public service and the mission of CMC. A successful Executive Director will lead by example, provide strong training and support, and proactively network and engage with the community. Under the direction and guidance of CMC’s Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for ensuring future innovation and sustainability, embracing new digital technologies, and taking the organization to the next level.
- Maintain control over funds provided for the operations. Monitor operating expenses to assure cost effective operations and purchasing procedures.
- Prepare and present a monthly report on operations for the Board of Directors which describes current projects, accomplishments and potential problem areas. Provide a monthly report of expenses and income for the Board of Directors.
- Prepare and present to the Board for approval a yearly expense and capital budget with extended projections for three and five years.
- Implement and enforce policies and procedures that have been established by the Board.
- Keep informed on trends, issues and events within the PEG access field through peercontacts, PEG focused nonprofit organizations.
- Adhere to federal, state and local business requirements.
- Ensure that CMC complies with each town’s operating agreement terms.
- Understanding of PEG background and how channels are allocated.
- Supervise and provide leadership to the staff.
- Implement and enforce personnel policies as determined by the Board.
- Oversee development of training criteria and opportunities for staff, members and others.
- Establish and maintain procedures for evaluating staff on a continuing basis.
- Responsible for hiring and firing.
Operations and Planning:
- Maintain and strengthen the mission through outreach and alignment of staff responsibilities.
- Oversee development of member policies and procedures.
- Development of long-range planning in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
- Establish goals and objectives by which the organization can be measured.
Outreach and Community Engagement:
- Develop and implement an outreach program designed to inform the community and its institutions and towns about the availability, goals and uses of public access.
- Actively seek out alternative sources of funding in the community through grants, annual appeals and other development strategies.
- Maintain a high level of visibility in the community and network with other nonprofit organizations to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with community agencies and institutions as well as with the public.
- Maintain direct lines of communications with all users to provide support and assistance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Communications or related field, OR any equivalent combination of relevant education and practical work experience.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and business acumen.
- Ability to plan, organize, and orchestrate the activities of diverse groups of individuals,agencies, and organizations.
- Ability to effectively manage the organization’s material, fiscal, and human assets.
- Strong communication and presentation skills to maintain good working relationships withpublic officials, agency staff, and the community.
- Ability to assemble, organize, and present financial and other information derived from avariety of original and secondary sources.
- Familiarity with audio video equipment and broadcast servers desirable.
All candidate inquiries and applications should be directed to Kendra Wallin at Wallin Search Group via email@example.com. Please submit resume and cover letter providing details regarding your leadership experience relative to the job responsibilities, as well as referencing strategic plan(s) put into effect and size of budget(s) and staff(s) managed. All inquiries will be handled confidentially.