The Director of Programming reports to the Executive Director of Milton Access TV.
Description: The Director of Programming is responsible for generating and overseeing programming that comes from local producers as well as from the station itself. The Director of Programming oversees all aspects of local programming – initiating ideas with local producers, assisting with in studio and remote productions, as well as coordinating schedules and development of promotional materials for programming.
The Director of programming works with local organizations, other non-profits, and students to create content that benefits, educates, and engages the residents of the community.
The Director of programming works closely with the staff including the Executive Director, Operations Director, and the Director of Editing to ensure high quality content delivered in a timely manner. This includes public programming as well as original MATV content. The Director of Programming should be willing to seek out and develop original content in various forms that fit within our mission statement.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Increase visibility of the Milton Access Television’s overall brand through professional production strategies across multiple platforms
- Oversee studio reservations for producers, local organizations and town officials.
- Direct, assist, and train crews and or volunteers that are willing to learn
- Seek out new producers and programs that further enhance the mission of MATV.
- Submit a weekly summary (update) of new programming to be placed on our social media outlets, blog, and local newspaper.
- Compile and submit monthly activity reports to the Executive Director to be presented to the Board of Directors
- Assist with General Office duties when needed
· College degree in Communications or related field
· Background in Community Media preferred
· Ability to communicate maintain relationships with the general public
· Strong organizational and communication skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Proficiency in Adobe Cloud Applications and Google suite is preferred
· A valid driver’s license is required
· Employment is contingent on passing a CORI background check
· Strong preference for candidates with experience shooting and editing professional quality video
· Company Health Plan
· Retirement plan
· Holiday, Vacation, and personal time off
· Salary to commensurate with experience
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, September 24th
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org