Director of Media and Digital Content - Amherst Media
The Director of Media and Digital Content is responsible for acquiring, scheduling, distributing and archiving programming, both locally and externally produced. They work closely with the Director of Production and Interns and assist when necessary on studio and field productions. The Director of Media and Digital Content will maintain Amherst Media’s Drupal-website, including frequent updates of site content and broader social media outreach.
Full time 40 hour, 52 week, salaried position with health benefits. Four-month probationary period of employment, reviewed annually in accordance with personnel policy. Work diverse job schedule including some evenings and occasional weekends.
Associates degree or higher in related field including video production, graphic design, communications, journalism, technology, or broadcasting, and/or:
Two or more years of cablecasting work experience in public access, public media or community media center.
- ● Programs broadcast server for content playout to all three Public, Education and Government channels
- ● Manages playout of channel schedules, public announcements, PSA’s etc
- ● Research and utilize programming resources and material available to AccessCenters
- ● Manage media collections, libraries and database
- ● Ensure the uploading of all contracted government coverage as well as originalAmherst Media programming to online via Amherst Media’s website, Youtube
channel and archive.org
- ● Maintains website content
- ● Manages social media accounts
- ● Manages outreach to membership and contacts via newsletter, mass mailings
- ● Supervises Social Media interns, helps with coordination of news team for weekly news report
- ● Assists with video editing and production when neededPreferred Knowledge & Skills
- ● Strong verbal and written abilities
- ● Working knowledge of social media platforms - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- ● Experience with video production and editing
- ● Organizational skills in design, implementation of workflow materials and protocol
- ● Excellent time management skills and strong ability to multitask
- ● Strong Apple computer skills
- ● Knowledge of cable casting servers
- ● High degree of competency with Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro X
- ● Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop andPremiere
- ● Working knowledge of production video switchers, or comparable equipment
- ● Understanding and commitment to abide and adhere to the first amendment,copyright laws, creative commons, and applicable FCC regulations
Applicants Must Submit via E-mail:
- ● A detailed letter of introduction describing the applicant’s experience, knowledge, and skills matching the identified duties, responsibilities,minimum employment standards and requirements of this position
- ● Current resume
- ● Three professional references with telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
- ● Please send PDF-formatted documents to email@example.com, includeDirector of Media & Digital Content Job Application in the subject line of your e-
- ● Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis
- ● No phone calls, please. All applicants will be contactedAmherst Media is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. A competitive salary commensurate with experience will be offered along with an excellent benefits package.