o you have a passion for connecting people? The Director of Communications and Outreach will chart the course for community engagement and messaging for Access Framingham, the community media center in the heart of MetroWest. We are seeking a catalyst who will build awareness and develop membership through media, workshops and special programs.
The Director of Communications and Outreach is a full-time, non-exempt, career position with generous health and dental benefits as well as a matching SIMPLE retirement plan. This position is a hybrid onsite/virtual position. Salary is commensurate with experience in the range of $45,000 - $55,000.
- Develop diverse entry points for connecting with AFTV content and services
- Analyze and maximize use of and engagement through AFTV online platforms
- Implement a social media publishing calendar providing timely and captivating content
- Oversee the creation and execution of promotional materials
- Strategize outreach to local organizations and business to increase programming, collaboration and membership
- Manage member recruitment and retention
- Oversee social media and graphic design interns
- Write and publish communications for public relations
- Compile member newsletter
- Create class and event offerings in conjunction with staff
- Oversee content on AFTV website
- Other duties as assigned
Job Requirements and Desired Qualifications:
- 2+ years in social media for business, marketing, public relations or equivalent experience
- Exceptional customer service
- Competency in time and project management
- Strong written and verbal communications skills (Portuguese or Spanish a plus)
- Familiarity with cloud based content publishing and productivity tools (Hootsuite, Canva, Google Apps, Monday, Slack, Miro)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Self motivated, self learner staying current on emerging trends in marketing
- Genuine interest in and enthusiasm for the Framingham community with a commitment to using media to empower underrepresented voices.
- Familiarity with photography and video production a big plus
Access Framingham invites candidates of under represented and marginalized communities to apply for this position. AFTV is committed to offering equal opportunities to all potential employees and has zero tolerance for discrimination. We welcome applicants respective of age, sex, race, ethnicity, disability and other factors that have no bearing on an individual’s ability to perform their job.