As the Assistant Director you will work closely with the Executive Director and our small hard working staff. Since we have a small staff we all work together as a team and wear many hats so you must be willing to do the same. As the Assistant Director you will be responsible for managing staff, Interns and Volunteers and you will also assist in training new staff, existing staff, interns, and volunteers. Also, Assist with other duties such as special events (parades, festivals, and other events as assigned) and studio productions.
Full time 40 hour, 26 week, salaried position. Three-month probationary period of employment, reviewed annually in accordance with personnel policy. Work diverse job schedule including some evenings and occasional weekends.
College degree in related field including television and media management, video production, graphic design, communications, journalism, technology, or broadcasting. A high school diploma or GED with at least two years of related experience and at least one year supervisory experience can be substituted for a College Degree.
Three or more years of experience working at a public access, public media, community media center, or commercial TV station. Must have at least one year of supervisory experience.
- Supervising our Staff, Interns, and Volunteers
- Training of Staff and Interns
- Assigning duties to Staff and Interns
- Assist with tweaking our On-The-Job Training program for Volunteers and/ or Produces
- As part of a team, manage the On-The-Job Training of Volunteers and/ or Produces
- Assist with Programing broadcast server for content playout
- Manages playout of channel schedules, public announcements, PSA’s etc.
- Assist members and volunteers during scheduled editing and studio production times.
- Assists with recording and editing LCAT produced shows
- Collaborate with the Executive Director on implementing a better system for Scheduling the use of our studio, edit facilities, and portable production equipment.
- Assist with special events such as parades, festivals and other events and stud shoots as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of the Lawrence, MA community is a huge plus
- Strong verbal and written abilities in English and Spanish
- Supervisory experience at a PEG station is preferred
- Valid drivers license
- Working knowledge of social media platforms - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Experience with video production and editing
- Excellent time management skills and strong ability to multitask
- Strong Apple computer skills
- Strong knowledge of cable casting servers, particularly Cablecast
- High degree of competency with Final Cut Pro X
- Strong experience with production video switchers, or comparable equipment
- Ability to work with a diverse staff and membership
- Teaching or Training Experience
- Understanding and commitment to abide and adhere to the first amendment,copyright laws, creative commons, and applicable FCC regulations
Applicants Must Submit via E-mail:
- A detailed letter of introduction describing the applicant’s experience, knowledge, and skills matching the identified duties, responsibilities, minimum employment standards, and requirements of this position
- Current resume
- Three professional references with telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
Please send PDF-formatted documents to email@example.com, include Assistant Director-Mass Access Job Application in the subject line of your e-mail