West Bridgewater Community Access Television (“WBCAM”) is seeking a competent Part-Time Access Coordinator to assist the WBCAM Station Manager. The ideal candidate would have excellent communication skills, be enthusiastic and will enjoy collaborating with others. The primary responsibilities of the Access Coordinator would be to facilitate productions both in and outside of the studio. Recruit new members and assist in any promotional events the studio may have.
Reports to: Station Manager
Hours: Up to 19 and a half hours per week, mostly late afternoon/evening hours and occasional weekends and occasional holidays are required.
- Assist with coverage of local Municipal Board meetings.
- Work with WBCAM staff and members on studio shoots and single/multi camera field productions.
- Assist in coverage of high school sporting events.
- Conduct interviews with local individuals.
- Assist in editing of WBCAM content.
- Setup production equipment both independently and as part of a team.
- Create and manage public service announcements and bulletins for the community and non-profit organizations.
- Assist with any WBCAM promotional events.
- Suggest new systems on computers and/or new procedures that could ease/improve WBCAM operations.
- Assist in other duties that may be assigned.
- Manage Station Social Media outlets.
- Performs work under typical studio and/or field conditions.
- Operates computer, audio/video equipment and related production equipment, plus and other standard office equipment.
- Makes frequent contacts with the general public, other town personnel. Contacts are in person, in writing, by email, and telephone.
- Will not have access to department-related confidential information.
- High School Diploma or GED minimum, Associate's or Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field preferred, or three years relevant experience.
- Candidates must demonstrate a commitment to community media and the town of West Bridgewater.
- Prior experience in PEG access, preferred.
- Computer skills, including Windows, Macintosh, non linear editing software (I.E Premiere Pro & Final Cut), Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and experience in social media.
- Ability to work independently, and also as part of a cooperative team.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written.
- Nights and weekend availability.
- Reliable mode of transportation .
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
Interested candidates shall submit a resume and a cover letter to LTORRES@WBRIDGEWATER.COM or mail to:
West Bridgewater Middle/Senior High School
Attention: West Bridgewater Cable TV
155 West Center Street
West Bridgewater, MA 02379
Deadline for Submission is Sept 1, 2023.