Lowell TeleMedia Center
Access Coordinator/Channel Programmer
Full-Time Staff Position – April 2021
This Lowell TeleMedia Center (LTC) position is a full-time, permanent position. Under the direction of LTC's Director of Community Programs, the Access Coordinator/Programmer assists with member and staff productions in the studio and field produce programs for channels 99 and 8, and trains adults and youth in video production. He/She is also responsible for scheduling the programming on channel 95 and acting as a receptionist during the evening hours. Flexible hours: Monday through Thursday from noon to 8:00 pm. Friday 10 am to 4 pm.
- Produce news segments for LTC News.
- Produce programs in collaboration with nonprofit organizations and LTC members.
- Produce production services projects to raise funds for LTC.
- Produce community service programs and assist with LTC event coverage and festivals.
- Represent LTC at community events to promote LTC membership.
- Maintain community collaboration, partnership, and relationships.
- Orientation for new members and support with LTC monthly newsletter
- Program the Global Access Channel 95 using the Telvue server interface for live and taped programs.
- Working with LTC’s Executive Director, acquire programs of interest to the community from other access stations, satellite, and the Web for cablecast.
- Communicate with Channel 95 producers as needed.
- Troubleshoot studio production issues for member producers.
- Coordinate ZOOM/Webinar programming for the community producers.
- Greet guests as they enter the facility. Keep sign-in sheets up to date.
- Answer phones and direct calls to the appropriate desk. Take messages as needed.
- Check the membership status of people who use LTC equipment and facilities. Update contact information.
- Give access to production facilities to members as needed.
- Support membership for facility reservations and classes.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. Associates Degree in related fields including video production, communications, computer technology, or broadcasting. A high school diploma with three years of experience may substitute for an Associate Degree.
2. Experience with Apple computers, databases, and digital video production.
3. Knowledge of social media, wordpress, and strong editing skills.
4. Ability to work with a diverse membership. Khmer language a plus.
5. Commitment to free speech and community development through media technology.
6. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
7. Coverage of the LTC facility during a rotating Saturday shift from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
8. Khmer and/or Spanish speaking is a plus.
Application deadline: April 16, 2021, or until the position is filled. Please email a cover letter and resume in pdf format, and provide a link to a demo reel or examples of your work to Bora Chiemruom, Executive Director, Bchiemruom@LTC.org