WINCHESTER COMMUNITY ACCESS & MEDIA, INC.
EDUCATION & PUBLIC ACCESS COORDINATOR
February 4, 2019
Winchester Community Access & Media Corp. (WinCAM) seeks a skilled and motivated individual to manage WinCAM’s public access and educational access channels and manage youth programs. The Education & Public Access Coordinator will report directly to the Executive Director and is a full-time position, 40 hours per week with some evenings and Saturday hours. Health, Dental & Retirement benefits are offered.
COORDINATION & YOUTH EDUCATION –
- Plan for and direct after-school television production programs for students both at WinCAM and at the studio of Winchester High School.
- Foster and manage production of school-related programming including sports, performances and extracurricular activities.
- Working with the Executive Director and the WHS faculty, assist in the design and implementation of frameworks to support existing curriculum.
PROGRAMMING, PRODUCTION & DATA -
- Gather, sort, research and schedule a vast array of both resident and import programming to develop and promote program schedules for WinCAM’s educational access & public access television stations.
- Coordinate with the Government Access Coordinator to develop clear procedures for program submission and acquisition.
- Manage and maintain files stored on WinCAM’s playback server and on-demand server.
- Oversee the proper usage and ensure all content is accurate and current on WinCAM’s electronic community bulletin boards.
- Help author, gather content for and publish WinCAM newsletters and media releases.
- Manage the WinCAM media database. This requires proper data entry and storage of programs and other media for archival purposes.
- Manage updates and changes to WinCAM’s website.
- Organize, launch and help to promote podcasts airing on the WinCAM Podcast Network.
- Manage, utilize and produce public service announcements of local interest for WinCAM channels and online presence.
SHARED DUTIES -
- Help maintain and regularly update WinCAM’s social networking accounts.
- Participate in WinCAM staff productions, including the planning, setup and production of these events, as necessary.
- Assist WinCAM members in the area of program development. This may include production meetings and the coordination of program proposals.
- Participate in community outreach to help build membership and bolster the good reputation of WinCAM within the community.
- Assist other staff in the reservation, check-in and check-out of field equipment and in-house production areas.
- Support WinCAM members and producers by providing technical expertise and advice.
- Prepare monthly reports for submission to the Executive Director.
- College degree in Communications, Education or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in a television or school environment. Experience programming PEG stations is a plus.
- Must have prior experience in studio television production, field production and editing.
- Must be an excellent communicator, time-manager and organizer with the ability to both take instruction and work independently.
- Desired experience with all, but not limited to the following: Final Cut Pro X, Telvue Connect, Telvue Hypercaster, WordPress, NewTek Tricaster, Mail Chimp.
- Must have the desire and fortitude to work in a highly-communicative, highly-social organization and the ability to work with others.
- Must be able to pass CORI/SORI checks.
- Must be a licensed driver.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds or stand for long periods of time while operating equipment.
- Interested parties shall submit resume and cover letter to David Gauthier, Executive Director. No phone calls, please. Email acceptable at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Submission deadline is Friday, February 22, 2019 at 5:00 pm.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Excellent employee benefit package.
Executive Director, WinCAM
32 Swanton Street
Winchester, MA 01890
Winchester Community Access & Media Corp. does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status or disability.