Director of Municipal Programming
Lowell Telecommunications Corporation (LTC) is a non-profit community media center serving Lowell, MA, a diverse city of 125,000 people 30 miles northwest of Boston. LTC operates three channels on the Comcast cable system: one English-language public access channel, one global public access channel, and a government channel. The mission of LTC is to strengthen the City of Lowell as a community media and education center that empowers, connects, and informs all residents, businesses, and organizations in the City.
This Lowell Telecommunications Corporation (LTC) position is a full time, permanent position. Under the direction of LTC’s Executive Director, the Director of Municipal Programming will oversee all programming and distribution on LTC Channel 99 in conjunction with City government offices and agencies. Hours are variable, depending on work assignments and will include some evenings and weekends..
• Oversee the look and management of Channel 99, including scheduling of programs, public service announcements, bulletin board messages, and promotions.
• Supervise the Municipal staff and interns/volunteers assigned to assist with Channel 99 operations.
• Provide for the coverage of, and be Producer of Record for, the City Council meetings, Lowell School Committee meetings, Planning Board meetings, Zoning Board of Appeals meetings, Conservation Commission meetings, License Commission meetings and City Council Subcommittee meetings as needed. Provide coverage of other important municipal events, determined in conjunction with the Issuing Authority – the City Manager.
• Produce and/or oversee the production of original municipal programming from concept to completion – by city departments, local governmental agencies and community producers.
• Manage and maintain the Municipal Department’s portable video equipment and the robotic video system in City Hall. Troubleshoot technical issues. Recommend technology purchases to the Executive Director.
• Maintain Channel 99 cablecasting equipment and troubleshoot cablecast issues with TelVue tech support.
• Under the supervision of the Executive Director, acquire programs of interest to the community from other access stations, satellite, and the Web for cablecast.
• Produce and/or oversee the production of LTC community-oriented programming, promotions, festivals, and paid production services as assigned by the Executive Director.
• Maintain detailed programming records as required by the City of Lowell. Submit quarterly programming reports.
• Associates Degree or higher in related field including video production, communications, computer technology, or broadcasting.
• At least two years of work experience in public access, commercial TV, or a community media center.
• Strong digital production and editing skills. Ability to produce TV shows creatively, efficiently, and in a timely manner. Experience directing in a three-camera TV studio, and documentary-style video experience.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Ability to work with a diverse membership and collaborate on media projects.
• Strong verbal and written abilities.
• Experience working with a variety of digital media files and an understanding of the digital production workflow.
• Experience directing or producing live events.
• Commitment to free speech and community development through media technology.
• Ability to lift and move 50lbs. of video equipment.
LTC is an equal opportunity employer. Offering a competitive salary commensurate with experience, and benefits. Minority and multi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply. To apply, send a letter of interest and a resume to Wendy Blom, Executive Director, at email@example.com by December 16. No phone calls please.
Lowell Telecommunications Corp.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;