Reporting to the Director of the Telemedia Department, the Camera Technician will assist in filming, recording and broadcasting Municipal Meetings and community events.
(The essential functions or duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.)
· Film, broadcast and record live Municipal Meetings using a robotic PTZ camera system.
· Capture a variety of community and sporting events using professional HD cameras.
· Setup, operate and breakdown cameras, cables, audio recorders, lights, microphones, projectors and a variety of other A/V devices.
· Record and broadcast meetings using a video playback server.
· Capture high quality audio for video and properly manage PA systems when necessary.
· Setup and operate portable production switchers for live and recorded productions.
· Assist in mastering, transferring, programming and archiving video footage.
· Troubleshoot A/V and IT issues.
Recommended Minimum Qualifications:
Education, Training and Experience:
2 years minimum experience working, volunteering and/or training in video production required. Experience operating PTZ and professional field camcorders is required. Experience working or volunteering in a public access television environment desired. Experience with live productions is desired.
Knowledge, Ability and Skill:
Knowledge: High degree of technical knowledge of the workings of field, studio and robotic cameras. Awareness of proper camera composition and framing. Knowledge of various different types of microphones and audio equipment. Working knowledge of Mac and PC computers.
Ability: Must be creative, yet technical in order to troubleshoot any and all technical issues. Must be able to work independently and remain calm under pressure. Ability to work on short notice, and nights and weekends is a must.
Skill: High level of proficiency in video camera operation and audio recording. Experience with TelVue, Vaddio, Crestron, Rode and LiveStream products is a plus.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Regularly required to walk, stand, sit, talk, and hear; operate objects, tools, or controls; pick up paper, files and other common office objects. Ability to view computer screens and work with details for extended periods of time. May move objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Must be able to communicate effectively.
Supervision Scope: Performs highly responsible work of a complex nature which involves the exercise of judgment and initiative in maintenance of the town’s public access systems.
Supervision Received: Work is performed under the direction of the Director of Telemedia.
· Work takes place in a variety of different atmospheres including meeting rooms, gymnasiums, auditoriums, and various other indoor and outdoor locations.
· Nights and weekends required on a regular basis.
· Travel is frequent; reliable source of transportation is required.
· Continuous walking, standing, climbing or sitting when required; some periods of sustained uncomfortable physical positions.
· Some periods of strenuous exertion requiring stability to lift, carry and position objects up to 50lbs utilizing proper mechanics and techniques.
· Operates cameras, tripods, servers, recorders and other misc. broadcast and A/V equipment.
· Employee has frequent contact with the general public, town departments, vendors, and agencies at the state and federal levels. Contacts are in person, by telephone, and by email and involve an information exchange dialogue.
· Errors could result in damage to the building and equipment, reduction in the level of service and have legal and/or financial repercussions for the Town.
(This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.)
HOW TO APPLY: Email cover letter, resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org
For an application and more information visit: www.tewksbury-ma.gov/human-resources/pages/employment-opportunities